“So Glad We Found You!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I rarely leave a review, but when you find a gem like this its rude not to... Having recently moved to Torquay, my wife and I have spent the last month eating our way round every good restaurant in town and can say that Mi Coto is the best kept secret in town! The home cooked tapas and Pinchos are as good as any you are likely to find in Spain. Likewise the wine is excellent. Above all else the professional super friendly staff make this place an authentic spanish haven. If you like Spain and love Spanish food, you need to visit here.
In fact the more I think about it, why am I not booked in for tomorrow........

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had been recommend by 2 of my friends spainish helpers. Well was not disappointed, we had a lovely meal which we left the waiter jose to choose for us. The desserts was fab as well. We will be recommending this restaurant to all our visitors

1  Thank braddon123
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time here after reading some positive reviews about it on Tripadvisor.

Decorating was nice, had a Spanish feel to it and quite a good atmosphere.

Waiter was nice enough and attentive.

Food was OK, however, we thought for Tapas and what you actually got served, it was quite pricey - the tapas ranged from £6-£8 and the presentation was pretty basic, i.e. a couple of strips of lettice etc. We thought that if you had them around £5-£6 if would allow you to choose more of selection, which is the whole point of tapas - to try a bit of everything!

All in all it was enjoyable enough, we just think the pricing could do with some tweaking.

By the way, my girlfriend, who joined me is Spanish! :-)

1  Thank Ziggy1984
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had heard good review on this Spanish tapas bar and me and my friend love going to Spanish restaurants so was very excited to try this place! First impressions it smelt and looked like a furniture shop...which probably isn't what it should look like! The place was quiet but not much of an atmosphere! We ordered two tapas (not much on the menu at all) and a paella which was prices at £10 per person! The tapas was average but we were looking forward to the paella! When it came out it was in a tiny bowl some rice froven peas and carrots and 4 chicken wings for £20!!!!!! And to make things worse the rice was hard it tasted vile! And the chicken was hardly edible!! Was absolutely gutted!! £18 each for a meal that I would give to prisoners! Ruined my evening totally!!! The best tapas bar we've been is the olive in Newton abbot! And I'm sticking to that place from now on! Hope this helps

2  Thank Charleycraze
Reviewed March 2, 2013

From the moment we stepped in to Mi Coto, we felt like we were in Spain! We visited on a Saturday early evening (5pm) as a family of four. The decor was authentic, the service and food was impeccable. We had a fussy 8-yr-old with us who did not want anything on the menu. The chef cooked her some plain rice with king prawns as a special order. We had a tapas meal with tortilla, which was heavenly, and all the dished were most delicious! The waitress was elegant, friendly and super-helpful. The restaurant was very child-friendly, but we are looking forward to going back for drinks and tapas without the children!

2  Thank Vinyl_Avengers