“Home from home”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of CLIFF LODGE

Swimming Pool
Hot tub
Games Room
Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cathy D
“Home from home”
Reviewed June 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This will be our fourth year in a row visiting Cliff Lodge and I can't wait to walk through the door next week. The house is so inviting and the views are breathtaking. We rarely leave the property because it is so well appointed.

June 2017

Your age range 50-64
Jun 25, 2017
Thank you Cathy, I am there this week so will make sure it's all ready & waiting for you on Saturday !!
Have a fabulous week !
pjthemupp...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed April 28, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

What can I say that hasn't already been said! This house is absolutely stunning with sea views to die for, even on a cloudy day. Seeing the sun rise on at least 2 occasions was something not to be missed from here as it was right in front of you. The house has everything (and more) that you could possibly need for a holiday.. Swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, gym, plus a full size snooker table with an adjacent bar plus so many big rooms that even with a party of 12 adults & 2 small children it never felt crowded.
The only downside (& there was only one) was that the water pipes seem to have an airlock as they continually made a "drumming" sound overnight from different places in the house so I hope this gets fixed very soon.

So if you are looking for a fantastic holiday let - this is it!

May 13, 2017
Thank you for your lovely comments.
We have found the culprit pipe with a faulty valve so the banging has now stopped.
DoulaBeve...
Aylesbury, Bucks, UK
“Cannot fault anything”
Reviewed November 20, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed here for my 50th birthday. 5 couples all of similar age.
I NEVER rate anything 10/10, ( always room for improvement. )
I've been trying all week to think of something that would have improved our stay. I haven't yet thought of anything.
Thank you Alison for the wine and chocolates on arrival. Doesn't really matter which bed room you choose they all have ample storage space. The social areas are vast and you can easily all be accommodated in the dinning room, kitchen or large sitting room. ( or stick the kids in the second lounge ).
Good to see that left over food items don't get removed like in some places. ( tea bags, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets etc).
The setting is on a cliff headland with fantastic views. ( especially from the master suit).
The accommodation is well equipped throughout. Comfortable and stylish ( not filled with lots of mismatched stuff).
We spent the weekend in the hot tub, playing snooker, swimming and walking to the beach ( via the thatched tavern pub),.
Can't wait to come back again though looking at availability I think we'll struggle to get in.
Thank you once again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub
Liked least: The walk back from the pub
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 10, 2016
Thank you so much, when I decided to turn our beautiful holiday home into one for others to rent I tried to include everything I would want if I was on holiday with family & friends so I'm so pleased I have created this.
Hope to see you back at Cliff Lodge again soon !
Alison X
Elizabeth...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house, views, facilities. Perfect getaway for a girly weekend”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The moment I stepped into the house, I was blown away by the fantastic view of the sea. I rented it for a long weekend with friends and there was ample space for all of us. The kitchen was well equipped, the beds comfortable, the main suit had more amazing views, a lovely warm swimming pool and hot tub which was very popular, a games room with a bar, juke box and snooker table, dining room, two living rooms, lovely garden and quite frankly I didn't want to leave. Alison communicated very quickly when I contacted her by email. A problem with no hot water very quickly rectified. Lovely walk through the woods, intimate beach not far away and nice pub with a lovely Sunday roast down the road, the thatched tavern. Great location, fantastic property. Can't fault it and would definitely book it again in the future! Thank you

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub
Liked least: Cold water shower
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 24, 2015
Thank you Elizabeth for such a lovely review ! I very much welcome you back in the future !!
Nightboat...
“A wonderful house with the most stunning of views.”
Reviewed September 21, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My parents rented this property for the whole family for a week in August to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday. What a fantastic house.

The house is set over three floors on the hillside overlooking the bay and you just can't get fed up with waking every morning and looking out over the beautiful gardens down to the sea. We were very fortunate in that we picked a beautiful week weather wise. The scenery around the house and area is stunning.

The kids (both young and old) had great fun in the pool and snooker room. We had plenty of room both in and outside the house to chill either with each other or alone with a good book.

It is situated just a few minutes drive from Babbacombe and Torquay so we could find plenty of places to explore and eat. Highly recommend Hanbury's Fish and Chips for a proper fish & chip supper, and The Orestone Manor for a special treat.

If I could only live here forever....................

Traveling group: Extended Family
Feb 10, 2016
Thank you so much for your review, sorry I am late replying I have only just found this area on my website page ! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Cliff Lodge & yes I agree I find it very hard to leave, I'm just glad I can keep coming back..... Please contact me if you would ever like to re-book as returning guests get a extra discount.
Alison
Luke S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, INCREDIBLE view and location, great pool and bar!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

If you want to book a house for a group getaway that will impress your friends out of their socks, and at a price that's more than reasonable, book Cliff Lodge. We went in the last weekend in November for an early Christmas weekend and it was fantastic, tucked away on a country lane and overlooking a mind-blowing view. Lovely pool, great bar and games room, outdoor jacuzzi, bar on the doorstep ... superb!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing