“Fantastic chinese meal”

China Blue
Ranked #151 of 338 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic chinese meal”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great food and service. Food was tasty, reasonably priced and not really greasy or salty like some chineses. Staff both friendly and helpful. Ate there as a family with age range 8-70 and all enjoyed.

Visited July 2013

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“GREAT !!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

To start I cannot understand poor reviews on this place especially regarding the staff as my wife and I have always found them attentive, polite, friendly and I really cannot believe zahraamalias marked them down for poor English !!! I sorry but we managed to communicated perfectly with the staff even sharing a joke or two.......... lighten up! The food is awesome and please believe me that’s very high praise indeed as I'm what some might call fussy (being polite) when it comes to food and as Chinese is my favourite cuisine I've ate at a few (loads & loads) Chinese restaurants around the world and this little place has to be the best for food we've been to. There’s two menus 1st the buffet menu & 2nd the a la carte menu so no one should be saying these "no choice".

At the end of the day everyone has their own opinions and no two are the same but in our eyes this is one of the best places around for food staff and value. We regard this place so high we do a 390 mile round trip from Sutton Coldfield every other month to eat here and stay over the night.

• Visited June 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food is of reasonable quality, but the choice is limited and service was poor. We felt the waitress was being rude when taking our order.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Flo J
England
“Fantastic little Chinese at the top of town”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Love this place. Food is simple but cooked to perfection. I'm a bit of a food snob and Chinese might not always be my first choice but this place offers really well executed dishes on an informal basis. Fantastic lunch stop too and just as nice as some of the more expensive Chinese joints in the town.

I'm usually highly sceptical of places that offer cheap lunch deals, however this place is the real deal. Delicious and highly recommended. Spotlessly clean and speedy friendly service too.

Visited May 2013
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Great Value and Great Food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really fancied a chinese meal when staying in Torquay, but didn't seem any around. I searched on the internet and found China Blue literally round the corner from our hotel.
A lovely clean restaurant, efficient service and most importantly really tasty well cooked food. We went for the "buffet style" menu at £14.95 a head, where you could order as much as you like, that way we could try a few different dishes - they were all great and freshly prepared unlike most buffets where the food sits there all night.
Would defintely go back when staying in Torquay again.

Visited May 2013