“The lovely play cafe :)”
Review of The Play Cafe

The Play Cafe
Ranked #32 of 63 things to do in Torquay
Torquay, United Kingdom
“The lovely play cafe :)”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I very often visit the play cafe with my grandson and have it say I've never had a bad word to say about the place. All the staff are and always have been incredibly friendly polite and helpful nothing is too much to ask. I have been coming since it opened and wouldn't take my grandson any where else in the area as no where is quite as clean, friendly and welcoming as the play cafe. I also find that the food is very good value for money. You pay for what you get! I read in a previous review that someone was upset about paying a lot for parking outside and then having to wait to enter the play cafe, whereas one if the key benefits to living in the area is that you get to know the cheapest parking facilities near by as it is all council run therefor the local businesses hold no responsibility over parking fees, so see it as unfair for the play cafe to be blamed for this. Overall I will continue to bring my grandson here often as he absolutely loves it and is even on first names basis with many staff members which makes our visits even more pleasant!

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor poor poor !!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

After paying for parking, queuing to go into the play Cafe for me, my 4yr and 21 month old and paying just under £10 ( which is alot before we start) without as much as a hello from the member of staff, they then decided to tell me on the way thru that the time limit was 2 hrs max!!! Great after paying, maybe should tell you before payment.

Then to go in and within 10 minutes my 4 yr old has been bit, grabbed round the neck and behind me, I have a grandmother and mother starting world war 3 over whos kid hit who first meanwhile not 1 member of staff was around to help with any situation. When I went to find the staff I may as well been speaking to a wall RUDE, LAZY and DIRTY is a better description for this place. 2hrs I didnt even stay 20 mins utter let down for me and kiddiwinks.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very rude young staff”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Very rude.blunt staff not much older than the children playing there, insisted my 15 yr old daughter paid even though Sat in corner playing with her phone with no intention of using facilities and just came along for the ride, very expensive and customer servi e is awful, much better places on the area.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank rids1963
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Expensive”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

First appearance lovely clean environment and great play for the kids £5 doesn't seem a lot to get in but the drinks and food are expensive £1.20 for a fruit shoot and £3.30 for a single bottle of wkd absolute extortion

Visited February 2014
2 Thank oXoHELENoXo
England
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“One of the best”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Been here with my great grand daughter and her friends and the kids love it. Good drinks, food and snacks for the adults as well.

Visited January 2014