“Superb Food & Sevice”
Review of Taj India - CLOSED

Taj India
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali, Balti
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After the successful trading of Himal Tandoori Nepalese & Indian Restaurant in Paignton; we're opening the doors for new customers in Torquay.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Superb Food & Sevice”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lost count of the number of times we have eaten in or take a way since 2012.
Just had delivered 25/1/13 Piro Chicken and Vindaloo Chicken Bombay Potatoes.
Asked for all the meals Phal Hot and no problem exactly as I asked.
Food arrived spot on time huge portions and still hot out of the oven.
I only hope as time goes by the standard of the food and service stays the same
because if so I will neve use another Indian/Nepalese Restaurant in Torquay again.
Congratulations to all the staff especially the chef.

John & Sue in Torquay

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank suej0hnb
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you ever so much for the feedback and being one of our most loyal customer. As you probably know by now all of our dishes are customisable i.e mild, hot or creamy according to your taste. Also our portions are huge because we dont want our customers to feel hungry in an hour or so, we want to make sure our customers are full until the next day.
Thank you once again for the feedback.

Devon, United Kingdom
“Incredible food, great service and very clean”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a regular customer of the Himal Tandoori restaurant in Paignton due to their great food, service and atmosphere. When I heard they had opened a Torquay branch (Taj India) I felt I had to try it out.

I was definetly NOT dissapointed. The food is amazing and has its own unique taste in comparison to a lot of the other indian restaurants around. It also offers a Nepalese style menu which as far as I am aware is the only restaurant in Torbay which does (apart from the Himal of course).

They also offer incredible value. Last time I was there they had a £10 meal deal on which included popadoms with a 6 pickle tray, starter, main course, side and choice of rice or naan. I don't know how they can do this as they don't water anything down and aren't stingy on the amount of meat they give you either.

Everyone at my table enjoyed their meals with only one of us managing to finish their meal (due to portion size and number of dishes). Staff were very polite, friendly and had a good sense of humor. I don't know what else to add apart from go and try them out as I am sure you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and being a loyal customer of our sister restaurant. I'm also glad that you gave our new branch a try and was equally satisfied with the quality and service provided. All of our chef's are trained to cook the same quality in whichever restaurant you go to so you'll not find any difference in taste wise.
Thank you once again for the feedback.

“Everything was fantastic.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food was amazing, staff and service first class and price brilliant £10 for a starter, main and side dish. Very happy definitely going back soon.

Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and your honest review. I'm glad that you liked our meal and thought the service ws excellent. We are always committed to give you the best service and meal as much as possible. The £10 meal you had is out banquet night which is on twice a week.
Once again thank you the the review. We look forward to see you again and serve you the same quality meal and service.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have had food more than once from here and the food is always excellent and the service very good, I love that I can take my own drinks as well,
I would recommend the taj India to all my friends :)

Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and being a loyal customer. Its because of customers like you, we exist. It will always be BYO as i dont want to stop my customers to bringing their own drinks.
Once again thank you for the feedback and we're glad that you enjoy our restaurant meal and the service.
Hope to see you again.

Devon
“Really tasty food and great value for money”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited Taj a couple of weeks ago on one of the £10 banquet nights and was very impressed. After initially being slightly apprehensive at how quiet the restaurant seemed I was soon swayed by the tasty and freshly prepared food.

The amount included in the banquet deal was far too much for me to eat so was excellent value for money and this was not compromised in the quality.

Our waiter was very friendly, informative and helpful, he even offered to swap my friend's dish if he didn't like it as he was not sure if it would be to his tastes.

My only reasons for not giving Taj 5 stars were;

- The decor of the place could possibly be improved, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but not 5 star quality.
- As the restaurant was really quite quiet it did sometimes feel like we were being watched a bit as the waiters kind of lingered around our table. They were only doing this to be on hand if we needed anything I'm sure but it was a bit off-putting at times. Other than that though I really can't fault it, if they were as busy as they deserve to be then this wouldn't be a problem anyway.

Definitely go and give it a try!

• Visited December 2012
Animesh S, Manager at Taj India, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for the effort and the feedback. Firstly we're glad that you enjoyed the meal in our restaurant. And since its a new establishment, i do admit its abit quiet. Hoping to get busier as the time goes by.
I'm glad you came in on a banquet night and tried it and were happy with the quality and the quantity served. We here at Taj like to be as much helpful as possible and since its a Nepalese Cuisine as well, we like to be as more informative as possible as the chances you had nepalese food before is very slim.
Finally thank you for being honest and giving us the reason for why you gave 4 stars. I can't thank you enough. We are trying our best to get the decor sorted as soon as possible and i do admit that when the restaurant is quiet we try to give more attention as much as possible. I'll re-train my staff on this matter as i'm one of the waiter too as well as manager.

We hope we will see you again and see the changed decor and attitude of staffs.