“edward”

Ranked #61 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are made 2 feel so welcome and our bulldog Edward is so well looked after he loves it Niki even reserved a table for him on a Friday night so he had a peace full space on a busy Friday live music evening. Can't Waite to go back. The food was great too.

2  Thank Jean B

Reviewed February 9, 2013

mx partner and I,stayed in a near by hotel for a few nights.we went shopping and wanted to find a pub to watch the rugby wales v france.Omg wat a welcome,had never been in there before but the welcome we had was as if they had known us for years.celebrated Wales "winning" went back to our hotel to shower n change ect and straight back.if we come back to torquay i would definatley come back here.Warm friendly atmosphere and couldnt do enough for us.x Highley Recommended.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I spend Christmas in Torquay, and all the guides were recommending the hole in the wall, which, in my opinion, has nothing on the Devon Arms. Firstly we were allowed to take our dog in the pub, and were immediately made to feel welcome by the bar staff and owners. Whilst we didn't eat in the pub, we did see some fantastic food coming out of the kitchen, and the menu looks great and really reasonable. We are so glad we found this little gem hidden up a side street from the harbour on the second day, we visited most days during our holiday, and by the end of the week we felt like regulars ourselves. Would most definately recommend for a good pint, great plate of food and a warm welcome to furry friends and owners alike. Will definately be going back next time we are in Torquay. To Nicky, Spencer and Karen - carry on doing what you are doing, and we will see you soon. Karen, Paul and Dillon Dog from Brighton :)

1  Thank P_Karen
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Dog friendly and even more so friendly to all customers. Feels so relaxed and welcoming. A home away from home. Of all the places in Torque my husband and I found no better place for a pint and a meal with our companion boxer dog BJ. Spencer and Nicki made us feel so comfortable, welcome and chilled it is scary. We didn't want to leave at the end of the night!

Our first experience of the bar was good as they put out cheese, crackers and nibbles for the customers. I was shocked coz how do they make their money? They are friendly and can't do enough for you. I was servered a bayleys coffee (which wasn't on the menu) in a beautiful glass with a gold rim, and it tasted AMAZING!!! One of the best coffees I've ever had!!! Spencer asked if the big fella wanted a drink and before hubby could aswer he was preparing a bowl of water for our dog BJ which made us all laugh. Hubby was given a recommended pint shortly after. Lol!

After all the customers left on our second to last night there, Nicki and Spencer and their mom joined our table and we all had a laugh and a joke, talking about the past and present like old friends, they even bought US a drink!!! They made us feel so welcome. Even when we left for the night we were hugged by the door and told our seat was reserved for the following night. I have never felt so welcome, comfortable and at ease in a bar/pub before where we weren't locals...this place is more than recommended...a definate place to visit when in Torquay!!! And remember...dogs are welcome!!! :)

1  Thank TKru1984
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We called in Friday evening and had dinner - it was so good I am still thinking about it 2 days later! I had Morrocan lamb stew with cous cous, made by Nikky, which was mouth watering, and my husband had lamb hotpot, made by Mum, and we simply could not decide whether one was better than the other - we would certainly recommend the food, and the prices are very reasonable. There was also live music, which started around 9pm, and we really enjoyed that as well, so we would tell anyone visiting Torquay that they should definately give this place a go. As guest house owners we shall certainly be recommending it to our guests. Well done to Nikky and Spencer who have only been there for 7 months - keep up the good work!