“Great animal sanctuary”

Living Coasts
Ranked #15 of 39 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Living Coasts, an all weather attraction, located on Torquay seafront in South Devon, where there’s plenty to see and do: mingle with the playful penguins, get up close to the otters, octopus and seals, and much more. Visit Penguin Beach to walk with the African and macaroni penguins and catch our entertaining feeding time talks.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I know everyone is complaining that its abit expensive. I had visited before 2 years ago and today still maintaining a good standard. I bought a combine ticket with the zoo to save a few pound. They actually gave me a 7 days return ticket as the water in the tank was not clear due to plankton. We plan to go again on a different time so that we can listen to a different talk. The commentator lady was very informative n good. It's not huge place but u can hang around to listen to the talk. Without the talk, I personally think it will be a bit bored. U get a great view of the sea as well

Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"great for kids"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My brother and I took my niece and nephew for a surprise day out. I didn't realise just how much there was to see and do there, the kids absolutly loved it, especially being able to get up close to the penguins and seals. Well worth a visit, far better than the plymouth aquarium, lots more to see and do.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited the exhibition with a friend. Having listened to a very interesting talk about the penguins i had high hopes for the venue. It only took thirty mins to walk around the site. We waited for the seal feeding time to expand our visit.

1  Thank Logit44
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loved watching the seals.....
Its nicely laid out, and an interesting hour or two can be passed here.
Bit expensive, however I'd imagine it costs a lot to maintain the wildlife in such good conditions.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2013

There seemed to be plenty of space for the animals exhibited there, but quite pricey. Also the plastic doorways with wooden gates posed quite an obstacle if walking with young children in pushchairs.

LivingCoastsManager, Manager at Living Coasts, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback. Following your comments we are looking into installing some clips to keep some of the gates open to allow easier access for visitors with pushchairs & wheelchairs.