“not as good as last visit”

Brody's Breakfast Bistro
Ranked #143 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Armenian, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

went to Body for a breakfast later than useful some of the customers were very vocal the atmosphere was poor the food was nowhere thier usually standard black pudding dry very hard sausages dry hard the cook had cooked at least 40 of them off bacon stuck together omlett hard dry hard we paid £20 for this we felt robbed the standard should be the same what ever time you visit !!!!

Emily K, Manager at Brody's Breakfast Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really value your feedback and take any bad comments very seriously. We sincerely regret that you had a bad experience when visiting us at Brody’s. Especially when you had such a good one the last time you were here. I am sorry to hear that the quality of the breakfast was not up to standard. The buffet should be kept up to the same quality throughout the whole day and right up until 2:30pm when the buffet closes. The buffet is checked on constantly throughout the day and I will look into why the items were not up to scratch. I do believe that this situation was a one off as there are systems in place to ensure that all food on the buffet is kept fresh. We do not leave anything on the buffet for longer than 15 minutes to ensure it is the best quality. I do wish that you had bought the problem to my attention at the time as I would have liked the opportunity to have improved the situation as I would have done anything to make your experience better. If I find that our standards are not being adhered to then this will result in disciplinary action.
We hope to see you again soon to ensure you have a great experience with us every time you visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Been recommended here by so many people had to come when I came to visit family.
Really good, although pancake machine took ages to work which was annoying but staff very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just what the doctor ordered after a good night out. All you can eat breakfast with a cup of coffee. Hangover cured!

1  Thank AdamButcher
Reviewed July 6, 2013

the coffees are great and you cannot beat the hot cocolate with
everything and I mean everything so its a great place to drop into for that drink during your saunter up the main shopping area.
thanks Emily and staff see you later in the year.

1  Thank rita h
Emily K, Manager at Brody's Breakfast Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you Rita for your lovely comment, we always look forward to your visits as it's always a pleasure to see you all. We look forward to your next visit :D

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Brod'ys is a really good place for a cooked breakfast and the panckaes are out of this world with maple syrup and an excellent atmosphere what more can you ask for on a Sunday. Although when we went it was very busy there was plenty of everything to eat and drink. Could not fault the food Or the lovely friendly staff who can't do enough for you. The only bug I do have is that they only take cash which is not advertised until you get to the till. After queueing for ages to be told this we then had to leave & go to the cash machine down the road & the queue all over again. Guys please put a sign up at the entrance we were not the only ones that this happened to.

Emily K, Manager at Brody's Breakfast Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves on your visit to us. I would like to apologise about you having to run to the cash point and lose your place in the queue. I hope this didn't cause too much trouble and you still enjoyed your breakfasts. We are going to be getting a card machine in the near future, so you hopefully can just come straight in and enjoy next time! We hope to see you again soon :)