We first stayed at the Marstan in 2006 when I was looking on the Internet for somewhere to stay in Torquay where I used to go on holiday as a child. We loved it as much on our latest stay in June 2010 as we did then. Ian and Craig make you feel welcome from the minute you first ring the door bell to the moment your stay comes to an end.
They always have great recommendations for places to dine or trips to take. We managed to do 3 of those in one day and all were really enjoyable. The breakfasts are always amazing and we loved the new additions to the menu. We also loved having a drink at the bar while having a chat with Ian about the days events.
The hotel itself is lovely too with its beautifully decorated Victorian rooms. The lounge with it's beautiful piano and the breakfast room next to it have lovely views of the garden, pool and hot tub. Our particular favourite bedroom, the Regal Room, has a gorgeous view, very comfortable bed and is really spacious.
We love the location as it is near to Meadfoot beach where you can hire a beach hut for £10 for the day if you wish, or head down the hill to the harbour, restaurants and shops by the clock tower.
We would thoroughly recommend the Marstan and indeed do frequently to friends and family who have also visited/are about to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marstan Hotel is an elegant mid-Victorian Villa peacefully located along Meadfoot Sea Road in a conservation area. The harbour and town are approximately ten minutes walk with the blue flag awarded Meadfoot Beach and its stunning views being less than five minutes on foot. An extensive refurbishment program saw The Marstan achieve a five-star guesthouse rating in 2007. In keeping with the period of the building, the hotel is traditionally furnished with antiques complemented with modern amenities such as contemporary bathrooms, flat screen televisions, wifi and ipod docking stations. The Marstan is the only five star guesthouse in Torquay to benefit from a combination of an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a licensed bar. The owners and staff endeavor to provide an attentive and personal service without being intrusive, with the aim of creating a luxury boutique hotel ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Marstan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Boutique Hotel Torquay
- The Marstan Torquay, Devon