Ian and Craig will do their best to ensure your stay is a pleasant one and this starts from the first moment you enter the door. The hotel is sophisticated and spotless, with grand furniture and plush carpets. Ian welcomes you with a map of the area, a great welcome and is full of local knowledge. There is a list of local restaurants which have all been tested personally and recommendations made as to the best (based on their opinion). This information was a great help and we totally agreed with their findings. Th facilities available are great including a heated swimming pool, hot tub (robes and beach towels are available), hospitality tray in your room, large soft bath sheets (towels) and excellent breakfast with a large choice and items made to order. Parking on site is a little limited but parking on the road is ok as there is plenty of space. We stayed in room 5 which was a double room. The only downside with this was the large cracks in the bathroom walls and there was limited space to put your toiletries (but for an old building this can only be expected). The hotel is located at the top of a steep hill if you are walking from town and therefore maybe not ideal for those with mobility issues (but there are buses available, so dont let this put you off). Unfortunately, we did find one day that we returned late at night to find our room had been left unlocked all day by housekeeping. We received a sincere apology from both Ian and Craig. Overall this was a great hotel in a superb location with good hosts. Its not a massive hotel and has therefore kept its intimacy and charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marstan Hotel is an elegant mid-Victorian Villa peacefully located along Meadfoot Sea Road in a conservation area. The harbour and town are approximately ten minutes walk with the blue flag awarded Meadfoot Beach and its stunning views being less than five minutes on foot. An extensive refurbishment program saw The Marstan achieve a five-star guesthouse rating in 2007. In keeping with the period of the building, the hotel is traditionally furnished with antiques complemented with modern amenities such as contemporary bathrooms, flat screen televisions, wifi and ipod docking stations. The Marstan is the only five star guesthouse in Torquay to benefit from a combination of an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a licensed bar. The owners and staff endeavor to provide an attentive and personal service without being intrusive, with the aim of creating a luxury boutique hotel ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Marstan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Boutique Hotel Torquay
- The Marstan Torquay, Devon