My husband and I took my parents to Torquay to celebrate their wedding anniversary in April and we stayed at the Marstan for 2 nights. The welcome we received from Ian and Craig (the owners) on our arrival set the standard of service for our entire stay. We were made to feel very special - a refreshing cup of tea served in the lounge, before being shown to our rooms. My parents were able to stay on the ground floor as they have difficulty negociating stairs. Both rooms were spacious, well-equipped, tastefully decorated, sparklingly clean and extremely comfortable. Ian and Craig were able to recommend excellent restaurants throughout our stay and were full of useful local knowledge to make our time there even more enjoyable. One word of warning -the breakfasts are excellent! I particularly enjoyed Craig's homemade grenola and my Mother, who normally only nibbles a small piece of toast, tucked into a nearly full English breakfast on both mornings - even asking for an extra sausage on day 2!
To finish off their stay my parents were spoilt with a piano recital as they waited for us to complete the packing. They were thrilled and are still talking about their wonderful second honeymoon. We had no complaints whatsoever and would go back tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marstan Hotel is an elegant mid-Victorian Villa peacefully located along Meadfoot Sea Road in a conservation area. The harbour and town are approximately ten minutes walk with the blue flag awarded Meadfoot Beach and its stunning views being less than five minutes on foot. An extensive refurbishment program saw The Marstan achieve a five-star guesthouse rating in 2007. In keeping with the period of the building, the hotel is traditionally furnished with antiques complemented with modern amenities such as contemporary bathrooms, flat screen televisions, wifi and ipod docking stations. The Marstan is the only five star guesthouse in Torquay to benefit from a combination of an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a licensed bar. The owners and staff endeavor to provide an attentive and personal service without being intrusive, with the aim of creating a luxury boutique hotel ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Orbitz so you can book your The Marstan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Boutique Hotel Torquay
- The Marstan Torquay, Devon