We recently spent 3 nights at the Marstan with some of our friends. It was the fifth time my husband and I have stayed there and once again we were so pleased we did. Ian and Craig know how to make their guests feel welcome from the minute they walk in the door. Tea or coffee is provided along with a chat and luggage is transported to your room while you sit in the lounge overlooking the pool, hot tub and garden.
One of our friends hadn't stayed there before and she was particularly impressed with the breakfasts which are always impressive. My husband and I really enjoyed one of the new additions to the breakfast menu which was pancakes with maple syrup and bananas, which were delicious. It was nice to see Jean again serving us at breakfast; she always seems to know when you need additional coffee, tea or toast before you do and is very knowledgeable about the local area.
We like to have a drink in the bar before going out for dinner and Ian and Craig always ensure that everyone is included in the conversation. They are happy to make suggestions for places to eat and encourage feedback regarding how you found local restaurants, bars and attractions.
We love the location as it is near to Meadfoot beach if you turn right out of the Marstan or if you turn left and head down the hill to the harbour there are restaurants and shops by the clock tower. The round robin trips, Kent's Cavern and Sharpham Vineyard near Totnes were attractions we enjoyed visiting this time round. Further along just past the newly renovated rock gardens an 18 hole adventure golf course with lagoons to trap poorly hit balls was also a good laugh despite the sudden rainfall when we were there.
We would thoroughly recommend the Marstan as a great place to stay in Torquay and one of the friendliest and relaxed places we have ever stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marstan Hotel is an elegant mid-Victorian Villa peacefully located along Meadfoot Sea Road in a conservation area. The harbour and town are approximately ten minutes walk with the blue flag awarded Meadfoot Beach and its stunning views being less than five minutes on foot. An extensive refurbishment program saw The Marstan achieve a five-star guesthouse rating in 2007. In keeping with the period of the building, the hotel is traditionally furnished with antiques complemented with modern amenities such as contemporary bathrooms, flat screen televisions, wifi and ipod docking stations. The Marstan is the only five star guesthouse in Torquay to benefit from a combination of an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a licensed bar. The owners and staff endeavor to provide an attentive and personal service without being intrusive, with the aim of creating a luxury boutique hotel ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Marstan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Boutique Hotel Torquay
- The Marstan Torquay, Devon