My partner and two very young children have just returned from The Charterhouse. Les and Marion were so charming. We were made to feel right at home from the second we parked up (literally - as Marion came and met us in the drive as soon as we arrived!). We were delighted with the room (no. 9) as it led directly on to the patio which leads on to the garden. This was fantastic for us, for it meant my partner and I could sit out on the patio in the evening whilst the children were asleep - you can't do that in most hotels and keep your room in sight. Breakfasts were great, organic sausages and free range (I think) eggs along with all the trimmings - tomatoes, breads, cereals etc. Room was very clean and had just been refurbished. Location is wonderful, three minute drive to Torquay Harbour and five minute drive to Paignton beaches. Marion made us all feel 'part of the family' and we would have no hesitation in recommending The Charterhouse to any of our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon