What an amazing place to stay. Marion and Les were very welcoming and helpful. We were greeted personally, and given a pot of tea and biscuits in the lounge. Les showed us some information they had collected of local places to visit and restaurants to eat in. For breakfast, I had a veggie breakfast made for me, and they were very helpful with my dietary needs. Our room was lovely - clean, large, very quiet, and very homely. When we had a problem with our kettle, they were more than happy to help out, and provided another kettle almost instantly. We stayed for 2 nights and has our room cleaned during our stay.
Overall, the Charterhouse is more than step above other small b&b's/hotel, and made special by Marion and Les.
I am planning on returning to visit here. It was every bit as good as we hoped for our relaxing weekend away - and more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon