We stayed at the Charterhouse Hotel for one night in June 2012. On arrival Marion was made us feel so welcome - showing us to our room and then making us a delicious pot of coffee to enjoy in the lounge while she went through lots of helpful information about the local area. This really was a lovely touch and so nice to chill with a brew after our long journey.
The room was modern and clean. The bed comfy, the towels fluffy. I loved the little extra touches like the chocolate on the bed and the tea and coffee facilities included herbal tea and biscuits.
The following morning breakfast was served down stairs and everything was fresh and locally produced. My only complaint was that I wish we'd stayed for a week!
Charterhouse offers the comfort and class of a hotel with a lovely, friendly host! I would definitely return here and would recommend this hotel highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon