“Thank you”

Tusker Lodge Guest House
Ranked #36 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked at the door thanks for taking us in, the owners are very friendly and warmly welcomed us. Your breakfast nearly as good as mine lol we both enjoyed our short stay the night life and restaurants only just down the road. Good luck to you all Trev & Jane Skegness

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We pre-booked our 3 night stay (first trip to Torquay) and were warmly welcomed by the owners. Our room was small but perfect-clean, well furnished and with a very comfortable bed. We had a kettle and tea/coffee/hot choc replenished daily, towels in our ensuite, tv and wifi in our room. The breakfast was fantastic - perfectly cooked and good quality. Location was perfect, with a beautiful park/gardens out the front (lovely view) and easy walking distance to the shops and bars etc. The owners couldnt do enough for us, giving us parking for our entire stay, directions to places of interest, recommendations etc.
we would definately reccomend this b and b!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard double which was fairly small but had enough room for us for 3 nights. The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I would just like to say a very bigggggg thanku to Carole, you truly are a most kind considerate and professional person. I had to cancel last min.com, and I mean last min, through no fault of my own, Carole was sooo understanding. Carole was going to try and let my room out, and if she could not was still very kindly only going to proceed with the deposit paid. I would just like to say anyone going to torquay GO TO TUSKER LODGE. Am certainly always going to go there. Thank you once again Carole, and Audrey, you bring the meaning of kindness back into the world xx

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

They got me in on short notice on the 23rd feb I was very pleased the price of the room couldn't believe cheap thank you very much I would stay again the host welcomed me in and told me wot was wot :).

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank mikeisthe1
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Firstly, apologies to the owners as I said I would write a review when I got home... And that was October 2012!

The location is brilliant! Perfect distance from the town, not too far to walk but far enough away to be quiet. A beautiful park opposite, and the Caverns are a short drive!

The town itself is lovely, but should you want to go further, there's plenty of information by the reception desk!

We stayed in the super king room, and it was lovely. Plenty of room, and the bed was huge! Lovely to sleep in! (Although if you stayed there the same time as we did, I apologise profusely if I woke you up one evening when I woke up screaming!!!)

They were decorating and remodelling when we were there, so this may be different now, but the only gripe would be the fact that the bathroom in our room needed a little updating! It was clean with clean towels, a flushing loo and a working shower so it was fine! It's only a cosmetic flaw and I'm sure it's different now anyway :)

There was coffee in the room so I could enjoy one when I wanted, and hot chocolate for the Mr, which he enjoyed!

Wifi in the rooms, great for looking online for things to do :)

The people who own it are so friendly, they made us feel very welcome and genuinely wanted to make us happy with our stay!

Breakfast is served down in the dining room and it was beautiful! Full English was amazing, not greasy, egg cooked to perfection, couldn't ask for more!!

I think that's pretty much it. Great place to stay, and will be coming back in the summer :)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

very friendly couple, good breakfast, rooms very clean enjoyed the stay.location close to town, good value for money free wifi, when revisiting torquay will defo stay there again.The bedrooms were a good size comfortable bed ad very clean bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie F
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had the single bed room no.8 to the rear of the hotel with a shared bathroom, although I had a sink in the room. The price was £25, which is good for a hotel room, although Travelodge are only slightly more expensive. The service is friendly and car parking is available although you can park for free opposite Co-op if you go up the hillside along Babbacombe Road. Breakfast was great and was included.Tea and coffee is in the room. The location is a short walk down to the main pubs and clubs as well as the museum next door.
If the hotel inspector were to visit, i think a few changes would be worth making. Declutter room- the chest of drawers and wardrobe and chair have seen better days a small rail and shelf would suffice to hang your clothes. The TV is on the floor and a wall mounted one would make viewing better. Also the communal toilet should drop the carpet and move to vinyl. Also a handle on door no.8 would be useful.
For a single relaxed traveller its a reasonable deal.

Room Tip: The photos on the website are better than no.8 single room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo