I stayed at the Derwent again just after Easter, we stayed HB with an excellent offer with children 10 and under staying free.
The room we had this time was an excellent size, 2 ad 2 ch in a L shape, i'd say it was double the size from last year.
Great facilities with indoor pools and leisure activities for adults and children in the day and evening. Evening entertainment for kids and adults in the large lounge but can use any of the other bars around the complex.
What I would say is that drink prices are a bit steep, they have a happy hour in the games lounge which is a good offer for £2.20 a pint and house wine. in the main function room its nearly £3 for a large coke, well over £3 for a beer, house wine cheapest nearly £14 a bottle ( do the math per glass) and nearly £4 for a magners. The offer on the spirits of upgrading from a single £2.40 for a double for an extra £1.20 is not to bad but then your stung with a very small orange juice for £1.60 on top, kids fruit shoot I think we're £1.60. Even when the room is full, the bar is never busy so this shows that prices need to be looked at. They do AI drinks packages outside school hols so I guess this could be a good deal.
Now to leave on a positive, the service in the dining room is excellent and very quick, food was very good, hot and well above 2* hotel rating with the staff being very friendly and helpful..
Overall we had a great stay and
Because the room was so nice and homely, I could of stayed longer and because i felt comfortable with the surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lively resort encompasses the Derwent, Victoria, Carlton & Toorak Hotels with on-site access to an extensive range of indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, together with nightly entertainment and dancing. Enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a luxury spa, gym, huge indoor games arena, daily kids club and a daily activity programme. Bowling and dancing holidays a speciality. Close to sea front and town centre, ideally placed for exploring the English Riviera and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your TLH Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tlh Leisure Hotel Torquay
- Tlh Leisure Torquay
- TLH Leisure Resort Torquay, Devon