1,123 results
All reviews lovely hotel meadfoot beach warm welcome town centre short walk quiet road lovely garden breakfast was excellent small hotel bars and restaurants top floor steep hill long weekend perfect hosts visiting torquay comfy bed wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well what can I say, welcomed by john with a firm hand shake & welcoming smile followed by his partner Jane. Honestly two of the nicest people I have ever met. The hotel itself is spotless and stunning. Perfect location this is a ideal hotel for couples and by far the best hotel and hosts that I've stayed in. Oh and the breakfast out of this world. Once again thank you john & Jane for you're hotel experience.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tellong46
Scenic32866769246, Owner at Haytor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Terry sorry for the late response . Thank you very much for your kind words. Jane and I also loved you and Dee 's wonderful company. It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Haytor Hotel and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

fantastic hotel couldnt fault it from the accommodation (room 11 ) to the lovely breakfasts. Well situated only five to ten minutes walk from shops and harbour. Will definately stay here again. Thank you for your hospitality and good luck on your new adventure !!!!
Neil and Kay

Room tip: quite few stairs to reach higher rooms but worth it for views
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kay s
Scenic32866769246, Owner at Haytor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Neil and Kay for taking time to write a review . We are both very grateful for your kind comments , and appreciate that you enjoyed the hotel and our breakfast . We look forward to seeing you again in the future .

Reviewed April 29, 2019

I visit Torquay on a regular basis as my brother lives in Torquay but have always struggled to find somewhere half decent. ( I admit I am particularly fussy!!) And my husband will no longer come with me for this reason, but im sure he will in the future after finding this delightful hotel.

I booked it last minute over the Easter Break as my niece had just had a baby and I wanted to visit, and this was the only hotel with the last room.

Although I came by train there is plenty of parking, I was given a warm welcome and showed to my room on the 2nd floor. The room was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated and furnished with a beautiful few of the garden and sea beyond, with a small ensuite with a bath. There were tea/coffee/kettle also in my room.

The downstairs had a nice bar and sitting area and I was given a key and told how to use the door code.

Breakfast was wonderful and plentiful and as a extra treat a Easter egg was waiting on the table for every guest.

The only downsize I would say was the early breakfast 8.30-9.30am and check out was 10am on a Sunday morning but as I was not being picked up until 11am I was welcome to sit in the garden a tray of coffee was taken out for me.

I will definitely be coming back, thank you.

Date of stay: April 2019
Scenic32866769246, Owner at Haytor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and also the Easter treat from Cockington Chocolate Company . Our check out time is 10.30 am as this allows the rooms to be cleaned for 14:00 pm check in . Unfortunately our beautiful tree in the garden was split in two as you can see in a previous posting . Thank you again and look forward to see you again in the future .

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights while on business recently. The owners were (excuse the pun) extremely accommodating, going out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I stay away almost every week, normally in Premier Inn, Hampton, Marriott etc, but this hotel was a breath of fresh air. Five minute walk down the hill into town, tastefully decorated, with comfortable beds, I will definitely be coming back, but maybe with my wife next time!

Thanks for a great stay.
Nick

Trip type: Traveled on business
Doddseys, Owner at Haytor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thank you very much Nick. We are very grateful you took the time to write a review and that you enjoyed staying at our Hotel . It was pleasure having you stay and we look forward to your return and also meeting your Wife .

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

We take our hats off to Jane & John who are doing a wonderful job in their new venture as hotel hosts. We stayed for the Easter weekend April 2019 and they were fully booked. We found them to be very friendly and totally in control. The room and en suite were spotless, cleaned everyday and clean towels. We had complimentary toiletries, bottled water and as much tea and coffee as you wanted. The dining room was also spotless with a great breakfast everyday with a large choice of fruit and cereals and full English breakfast. We felt very at home and it made our stay in beautiful Torquay very pleasurable. It totally made up for the steep walk back up from town. Would recommend and stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean O

Thank you very much for your fantastic review . It was our total pleasure having you both stay over the Easter weekend . Both Jane and I really enjoyed your company and appreciate the complementary comments. We know we will see you again very soon .