We chose this hotel via trip advisor and booked on line for two nights at this charming boutique style guest house - in what appeared to us to be a lovely part of Torquay.
Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Chris the owner offered a drink and an opportunity to relax and re-group after our four hour drive before being shown to our room.
The accommodation was simply stunning. A spacious king size bed in a beautiful minimalist loft style space with elegant sofa and 42” flat screen tv. A deck area with table chairs two loungers and a swing. A simply superb bathroom comprising free standing bath with TV above, an excellent shower space, sink and lavatory.
Breakfast at Meadfoot Bay is of limited duration 8.30am to 9.30 – consequently the breakfast room is very busy – however the service was speedy and the help yourself buffet amazingly extensive and quite excellent. Cooked breakfast is individually ordered – and was also first class.
Both evenings we ate locally and returned to Meadfoot for a welcome nightcap in their dinky bar area and enjoyed the opportunity to chat with Garry (son of Chris) and a simply delightful well mannered young man with a genuine desire to make guests’ stay as enjoyable as possible.
If you plan to visit Torquay do take a look at Meadfoot Bay – it represents value for money and for us was an excellent and enjoyable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is a 5* award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 5 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon