We booked this over the phone while driving down to the coast, he talked up the room so upon inspection on arrival, it did look good. Chris assured me he would give did a hand with our bags as the suite was on the top floor, NO LIFT ......when we unpacked the car he was nowhere to be seen. Good points of their top suite room, the view, and the dressing gowns. Now for the facts..
Vertical white blinds which are ineffective as this room is too light and the sun shines in very early so no chance of a sleep in. The water pressure is non existent , the shower is a trickle, bathroom is highly dangerous when wet ( which it is going to be all the time...) , the tv in the bathroom did not work, and there is no room phone to call down to...., no face cloths in bathroom,( travelled In 1000s hotels etc and this would be the first place not to have them) the tv in The main Room is too dark to watch for any length of time , I specifically asked if the above floors were creaky and was assured we would not hear anything but we did. The best thing was a good hearty breakfast and checking out. Please do our research before being swayed by these other reviews, trip advisor does not usually let us down, but on this occasion it did. I suggest the owners stay a night in this room to confirm my review then do some adjustments to their 'top' room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is an award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 4 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, HRS, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon