I stayed at the Meadfoot Bay Hotel when attending a weekend Conference last week. Attending the Convention meant having to leave the hotel approximately 8.20am for 2 days. Breakfast started at 8.30am. The owners' son Chris was very friendly and helpful about places to visit locally and made me feel very welcome and had no hesitation of allowing me to have my breakfast at 7.45am and 8am on the two days of the conference. The single room was very handy as it was on the ground floor and had a walk in shower which was suitable for me as I am unable to use a bath. The choices of items to eat at Breakfast and the actual full breakfast was of very good quality and cooked to order. The whole of the ground floor was furnished to a high standard and every room spotless. Chris is a credit to his parents and nothing was too much for him to do. A luxury, homely, atmosphere 4 minutes drive to Torquay centre and close to Meadfoot Bay set in a quiet area. Great value for money, accommodation and food. I am already recommending it to all my friends and I would definitely go back. Thank you for making a single person feel so cared for and being so interested in making my 3 nights stay the best they could have been. The photos on the site are worth looking at just to see how delightful the hotel and public rooms are. There is a small area to sit in the sunshine outside the front of the hotel and adequate free parking. What more could you want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is a 5* award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 5 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon