“Hidden Treasure”
Review of The Meadfoot Bay

The Meadfoot Bay
Ranked #6 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Meadfoot Bay Hotel when attending a weekend Conference last week. Attending the Convention meant having to leave the hotel approximately 8.20am for 2 days. Breakfast started at 8.30am. The owners' son Chris was very friendly and helpful about places to visit locally and made me feel very welcome and had no hesitation of allowing me to have my breakfast at 7.45am and 8am on the two days of the conference. The single room was very handy as it was on the ground floor and had a walk in shower which was suitable for me as I am unable to use a bath. The choices of items to eat at Breakfast and the actual full breakfast was of very good quality and cooked to order. The whole of the ground floor was furnished to a high standard and every room spotless. Chris is a credit to his parents and nothing was too much for him to do. A luxury, homely, atmosphere 4 minutes drive to Torquay centre and close to Meadfoot Bay set in a quiet area. Great value for money, accommodation and food. I am already recommending it to all my friends and I would definitely go back. Thank you for making a single person feel so cared for and being so interested in making my 3 nights stay the best they could have been. The photos on the site are worth looking at just to see how delightful the hotel and public rooms are. There is a small area to sit in the sunshine outside the front of the hotel and adequate free parking. What more could you want?

Room Tip: There is only one single room on the ground floor. Excellent for someone who has difficulty walking...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jackie W

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The meadfoot bay hotel is a place I can say is of an excellent standard and the owners of this hotel give you a very warm welcome. The furnishings and décor of this establishment is first class The breakfast is of a very high standard with a very varied range of choices with your needs being catered for by the owners . The complimentary decanter of sherry in the room was very impressive .

Room Tip: I we would recommend room 5 as it had the best balcony for the sun very light .
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrea s
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is excellent and our room which was the suite with the spa bath was luxurious, the hotel is exceptionally clean. The hotel staff are excellent and very helpful, expert in making your stay, stress free. The breakfast is great and the choice is extensive. The location is perfect, very quiet, with the beach just 5 minutes away and Torquay marina is about a 10 to 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rotherham290413
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Entering this hotel it smells like fresh laundry which to me is a real home from home experience. Gary is fab and our room is luxurious, Torquay is beautiful and everyone is friendly and caring. I want my house to smell like this hotel it is just so gorgeous. We have our own balcony with a swing seat plus a little table and 2 seats. A luxurious shower room and everything is sparkling clean. The beach is a 2 minute walk away and is pretty spectacular and the town is less than a 10 minute walk away but everything on the way is so pretty you don't notice the walk. Really a good price for a 4 night stay too, will be back as soon as we can, will have to be a Bank Holiday weekend as we live so far away, the only down side to this hotel is that we can't stay longer as we have to return to work!!!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are special but experiencing this hotel I would say all rooms are special lovely co...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank carol w
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at The Meadfoot Bay Hotel in Torquay in August 2012. I had a great time visiting family who live in Torquay. I have slight mobility problems so I needed a room on the ground floor and I was so happy to find this hotel but also that the ground floor room was a Deluxe room and completely brand new. The room was beautiful with luxury touches such as Egyptian Cotton Linen, a large LCD TV, Leather sofa, massive bathroom including a wet room walk in style shower (ideal for my mobility). We also loved that this is a small family run hotel, the service was amazing and we felt truly welcome. The breakfast is delicious with so much choice, we also loved that everything was fresh such as the fruit and breads. The hotel is located near to Meadfoot Bay Beach and we loved going for walks along the beach front and returning for a night cap in the hotel bar. In summary the hotel is spotlessly clean, our room was amazing and the breakfast and service was that of a five star hotel. We will be returning on my next visit back to the UK.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ground Floor Deluxe Room. This room is not advertised for people with mobility prob...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Juan G
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We loved our stay at meadfoot bay hotel. the hotel is very beautiful and very clean. the staff are all very polite and helpful and made our stay very happy. breakfast was amazing and torquay is pretty with some lovely beaches close to the hotel. We will come again, thank you for making our holiday wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank abella r
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend break, we were late arriving due to traffic problems and the hotel rang us to ask if we were ok, how kind? we received a really warm welcome and our bags were taken to our room. the room was clean and pleasant, coffee/tea facilities biscuits etc. ensuite was pristine and shower was lovely. definetely will return.
Breakfast was also lovely with great service

Room Tip: we had a room with a door to an outside seating area which would have been lovely if the weather had...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple