All reviews terrace bar sea view meadfoot beach time share timeshare apartments indoor pool junior suite health club tennis courts superb location lovely hotel large bathroom kippers dining room high standard first class full english
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited here with a friend tonight. Sat outside which was lovely and placed an order for a buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad. It arrived and it was not buffalo mozzarella, just the ordinary kind - there is a difference, I eat it frequently. I complained but was just told 'I'll let the kitchen know'.

Essentially, I paid £9.50 for some leaves and normal mozzarella - you pay more for what I ordered - except I didn't get it.

Very disappointing, especially even after complaining, there was no follow up from any member of staff.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank markfranklin321
Harriet F, Social media Administrator at The Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. It is a shame that you were unsatisfied with your salad as we do buy in buffalo mozzarella especially for it . We do take on all comments about our food and it shall be passed on to our kitchen to let them know that it wasn't to your liking.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the first time we stayed at The Osborne and we thought it was lovely. We only stayed the one night and booked last minute so did not make use of the pool etc however we ate in the restaurant and sat in the outside bar which was perfect . The staff in the restaurant were excellent and the food was good. The room was clean and a good size and had a lovely view. We ate our breakfast in our room to take adavantage of the sea view. The breakfast was excellent and arrived on time. Only one niggle, my husband had requested and paid for a bottle of champagne to be in the room as I had just finished my cancer treatment and had received good news the day before , this was not there but I can see where the confusion arose as some friends had also paid for a bottle of Prosecco to be in our room. Was not a big issue and the refund was given the next morning without fuss. All in all we loved the hotel and will definately be back. Thank you.

1  Thank smithnumber1
Harriet F, Social Media Administrator at The Osborne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us and for all of your constructive comments.

It is great to hear that you have such a great experience with us and enjoyed your room and the restaurant. We would love to welcome you back and try our leisure facilities as we have just moved our sauna to be next to the indoor swimming pool.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

Absolutely lovely hotel we stayed in the welswood suite which was stunning and comfortable and so clean staff are really dedicated and there is a guy who I presume is a manager in waistcoat suit whose outstanding ability to interact with customers was absolutely brilliant and very much worth of a mention sorry I didn’t take his name overall staff friendliness is outstanding warm and kind to my children.

Only downside was the indoor swimming pool really needs updating and cleaning, it was filthy I went to have a look and came straight back out, however the outdoor pool is lovely on a warm day I felt like I was abroad thank you Osborne hotel we will definitely be back again soon

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jessicashin60
Reviewed September 9, 2019

We stayed in a junior suite at the ‘Osborne’.
It was facing the bay, and had a distant view of Brixham.
It was an excellent choice, spacious, comfortable, clean, well decorated and equipped.
Good food and service - what’s not to like!
Looking forward to our next visit

Room tip: The slightly higher cost for a junior suite is well worth the money
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank boycemrjohnb
Reviewed August 29, 2019

We stayed here for 4nights in August! The location is incredible and the views are great to wake up to each morning! The hotel is minutes from meadfoot beach which offers paddle boarding and kayaking. The bedroom and bathroom were recently refurbished and cleaned spotlessly everyday. The cooked breakfasts are delicious but there could be more variety for the non cooked options! The only disappointing thing about this hotel is the indoor pool and spa facilities! The sauna was awful and a complete waste of time! Apart from that we would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ISP2015b

We would love for you to stay with us again. As a part of our refurbishment we have now moved the sauna to be poolside and have received great feedback on it's temperature. Hopefully then we would be worthy of a 5* rating.