“Welcome atmosphere”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have visited the coach house a number of times to enjoy the Sunday and mid-week roasts - a firm favourite with the whole family. The staff are welcoming and the service excellent. Prices extremely competitive. If you want a filling meal, at a very reasonable price, on the lovely Babbacombe Downs we recommend the Coach House.

2  Thank Faith H

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Love this pub !!! What lovley staff the front of house manager is a credit and had myself and my other half in fits of laughter all night, the food was top noch !!! Give it a try

2  Thank shiggzay
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Went for a drink with wife but within. 30 min a fight thight broke out in which one man was glassed! Will not go back, staff didn't have a clue.

1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We visited the coach house for old times sake on 4/5/14 on walking through door it did not look good. Lots of young youths shouting and swearing ect. I ordered drink for wife and myself and we sat down in booth, We were just looking at menu and thinking about returning for a meal when a fight broke out. This resulted in one man being glassed blood everywhere and the only one member of staff on duty didn't have a clue.
When asked who was in charge and barman stated his farther was in bed, My wife tried to help victim but he went into washroom and later came out and said he was OK
I later went into washroom to find blood stained sink and tissue.
We complained to barman who said it was not his fault. At no time were the Police called, and on speaking to our Taxi Driver this seems a regular occurrence.
We will never return to this place again.

1  Thank corfuduo
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The bar/restaurant is under new management so went along for renewed visit. Was to late for a meal and decided to sit and enjoy karaoke. Regrettably this was not a good experience with the speakers being too loud near the karaoke and two couples and their dogs behaving inappropriately. In front of the bar the men stripped off their 'g-strings' exposing their small bits and hairy backsides and then throwing the removed garments at karaoke performers. Towards the end of the evening one of the couples danced and performed in front of a karaoke singer, so that he could not see the screen....can only surmise that he was singing one of their songs and they were jealous! The teenagers and youngsters in the bar area were a happy lot enjoying their drinks, conversation and billiards. Pity the middle aged couples spoiled the evening with what they thought was funny! The young bar staff were intimidated by these couples. I doubt that I and a few other customers will return. There are several bars in the area. I was considering celebrating my birthday with dinners and friends and, some karaoke.

3  Thank RegainYouth