“COLD!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
London, England, United Kingdom
“COLD!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The restaurant staff was nice and food was good, room was clean
The room was cold ( I now have a cough!! which ive not had one, all winter! )
on walking in there I was hit with the cold air! it was freezing in the morning and didn’t improve all the time I stayed there , so i had a system worked out Putting my winter jacket on, thermal socks and a quilt wrapped around my legs on having a cup of tea
the water didn't get hot until after 8am so having to go down to breakfast at that time you had no chance to have a hot shower!!
The water is MEANT to be on 24 hours!!!! This is not so!! .......
IT WAS NOT!!! Hot until after 8am ... this is the case, from where your room is! so my advice would be not to go below ground level.
The young receptionist with a child was very rude and talked down to me regarding this situation insinuating that I was stupid and didn't know how to operate a shower dial!!!! I must add i was not talking to her about this at the time I was talking to other guests to see if they had Hot water and she rudely interrupted our conversations from the stairs in the reception area and continue to be very rude!! This person needs to go to a school of manners and realise THAT the guests are ALWAYS RIGHT if it wasn’t a family run Hotel she would have got the sack for her attitude She was not only rude to me but other guests as well
On the up side I did get a mug for my morning tea and an extra quilt
all in all I would never go back there

Room Tip: 1st floor upward to get the best in hot water and heating
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Brenda D
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for review i am pleased that you found the restaurant staff to be good and efficient and that your room was cleam. I am sorry that you found the hotel cold but there was 90 other guests in during the same weekend and we didnt recieve any other complaints regarding the cold, the only other similar complaint we recieved was regarding the shower in one other room but once they had been shown how to operate it properly by the miantenance man as you were they had no futher complaints. The water as explained is not on a timer the heating is but the hot water is constant! I was not rude to you i was simmply informing you of this fact and i do not need to go to school of manners and i generally get very good feedback from the guests, it was just that you was at reception everyday intent on complaining about every small thing. The reason you got the mug and extra duvet was because it was arranged by me. I was not rude to any other guests at all and this is apparent by the fact the no-one else has suggested such a thing.

Regards

Michelle Lyons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here last month when we travelled with JustGo holidays, and found it to be warm, welcoming and efficiently run. Our keys were ready for collection on arrival and the room (11) was easily accessible via the stairs or lift, and it's location was ideal as it overlooked immaculately manicured gardens and also gave us a sea view. The room itself had two comfortable beds, a double wardrobe with plenty of hangers, a bedside cabinet, chair, dressing table with hairdryer, TV and coffee making facilities. The ensuite shower room was very cramped, it was quite difficult getting in and out of the shower cubicle as the 3-part slider doors left a tiny gap to squeeze through. Anyone on the large size simply would not fit inside. Maybe better to replace this with a curtain ? Towels were provided ( but no floor/bathmat ) as well as the standard tiny piece of hotel soap,so do remember to bring all the toiletries you need. The TV works very well manually, no need to pay to have the remote. Our breakfasts & evening meals were included and we found the breakfasts were well cooked and not too huge, the evening meal ( which is ordered at breakfast ) was good some nights with a limited choice of desserts. As we were on a budget break we couldn't expect more, and the service was excellent from our lovely happy waitress, a chatty Greek lady.
Some people had moaned about the creaky floors, really they aren't that bad ! The whole hotel is warm and fabulously clean, housekeeping really do a wonderful job. Full marks to the staff, I'd recommend this hotel in Torquay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens.
7 Thank suzannejuliet
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are very pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and clean and i have passed on your comments to the housekeeping staff.

I do hope to see you again in the future.

Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We've just returned from a freezing week's JustGo break, staying at this hotel. It's a standard Torquay hotel with a maze of rooms but it scored extra points with us for (1) having very warm heating on full blast everywhere for the whole of the freezing week (2) excellent breakfasts (3) super waitresses. Dinners are fine too, filling and well presented. The rooms are quite average size-wise but are clean and comfortable. Ours sported a view of a brick wall but as we only used the room for sleeping etc. it was no problem. There was no noise at all during the night, either inside or outside the hotel. The rooms have tea/coffee making facilities and a cramped but serviceable shower/WC.
Smokers will be pleased to note that out on the terrace there is a specially erected garden shed on the roof, so one can smoke without getting soaked or standing in the wind.
Most nights the hotel had the one-man or one-woman type entertainer in the bar, and while they are good and something my wife is keen on they're not my scene, but fortunately I found a RAFA club round the corner which sold drink at much cheapness and which welcomes non-members, so of an evening I'd decamp round there and leave my wife to enjoy the entertainment with other members of the coach party.
All in all, considering what we paid, the hotel was very good value indeed.

4 Thank sovmix
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your review. We are pleased that you found the hotel warm and comfortable and the service from the waiting staff excellent.

I am pleased that you felt you had value for money and hope to see you again soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My partner and i stayed here on a Just Go weekendbreak.The rooms were clean but ours was very cold ! I had to wear my pyjamas and a sweatshirt in bed ! The food was basic and at breakfast the full english apparently came with two accompaniments of the chefs choice ( which each morning was baked beans !) The waitress was very nice and friendly as was the barman.Overall as a £99 weekend break with Just Go we feel that we had value for money,Thankyou.

1 Thank Nicola R
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be cold, we do have the heating on 12.5hrs a day at the minute so am surpised you felt the cold.

We are pleased that you felt that your stay with us was good value for money and hope you will return soon.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

Telford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from an excellent weekend break to Torquay, with 'JustGo' holidays and found everything first rate. Hotel spotlessly clean, staff very attentive, food excellent value, nothing too much trouble. If anyone has complaints, all I can say is try booking the equivalent break for the same money, getting the same service. Will return ASAP, excellent value for money.

3 Thank 60Joan60
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and such a positive one at that. We are pleased that you found the staff very attentive and the rooms spotlessly clean. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and efficient team.

Thank you again and hope that we will be welcoming you again soon.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Well, just about to leave this lovely hotel after bringing a group of just-go passengers for a 4 day break.
What a superb hotel that offers value for money along with great service by all the staff.
Rooms were very clean and attended to daily, the food was of a very good standard, and there was entertainement provided nightly.
If you are thinking of booking a trip here in the future then do it now!!
As a driver, we get put into some places that are horrible, but I am glad to emphasize that the seascape is not one of them.
Well done to all, especially Michelle for organising a great team that made a great trip.
See you again soon, I hope.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank bryanmcguire
Dear Bryan

Thank you for posting your review, its always nice when we have lovely drivers that appreciate us and are willing to work with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that just go will be sending you to stay with us again very soon!

Thanks again

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

just returned from a weekend in Torquay with" Just Go", the hotel was excellent value, lovely and clean, good food and very friendly staff, would certainly recommend this hotel and hope to go again next year

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank ladybird622
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, it was short sweet and to the point just how we like them! :) We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope that you will be returning to see us next year!

Many Thanks & Kind Regards