“Delicious food!!”

The Singing Kettle Tea Room and Eatery
Ranked #22 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Singing Kettle is a small family run establishment serving home made scones, cakes, cookies, soups, sandwiches & lite meals including a vast gluten free menu and now a diabetic cream tea . We use local produce, suppliers and Fair Trade product where ever possible. We offer free Wi-Fi and have superfast broadband and are proud to have received 'The Certificate of Excellence' for the fifth year running.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The gluten free options were a god send for me.Just a short stroll from the Premier Inn where I was staying.
I had a slice of Bakewell tart,delicious!
The following day a jacket potato,delicious!
The following day a full English,delicious!
Not one bad comment!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We payed a quick visit to the tea rooms after our swim session. We ordered sandwiches for ourselves and the kids as well as a few baked potatoes. To top this up we also had to try the cream tea... we were not disappointed.

The sandwiches were all freshly made on the premises and were full of flavour, coming with fresh salad and a handful of crisps. My daughter ate all my wives crisps, however the owner was kind enough to give her some more.

The real star of the show was the cream teas though, coming with fresh cream and jam, the scones where warm, soft and delicious. The tea was also perfect.

With a friendly staff, who I presume are all family, this is a lovely and warm place to eat. Make sure you pay a visit.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

all home made food wright out side the hotel staff very nice and table out side for people to injoy the sun and had lovely cream teas

Reviewed August 24, 2013

A very friendly welcome and truly scrummy heart shaped gluten free scones! My daughter, not being keen on scones, opted for a gluten free bakewell tart she declared delicious. My husband also enjoyed his ordinary scone. And it was no problem to change our choice of tea, even though they'd already made it. We will go again next time we're in Torquay.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Grosnevor Hotel across the street and my husband and I walked out on the breakfast provided. I woke my girls us and we walked across the street to this little gem.

Mainly breakfast, scone and tea time menu. Outdoor seating on a patio as well as inside. You order and pay at the til and they deliver to your table. We had omelettes, hashbrowns, eggs, strawberries, toast. All freshly prepared, quick and delivered cheerfully.

Very reasonable price. We will be eating breakfast here every morning! And I will be taking a truckload of the scones home to freeze!