“Gluten Free Scones”

The Singing Kettle Tea Room and Eatery
Ranked #3 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Torquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Singing Kettle is a small family run establishment serving home made scones, cakes, cookies, soups, sandwiches & lite meals including a vast gluten free menu and now a diabetic cream tea . We use local produce, suppliers and Fair Trade product where ever possible. We offer free Wi-Fi and have superfast broadband and are proud to have received 'The Certificate of Excellence' for the fourth year running.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free Scones”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We entered the Cafe and enquired what they had that was Gluten Free, not expecting to be given a list!!! Scones, biscuits, cake and Sausages to name a few. Service was great, lots of personal attention to make sure our visit was as good as it could be. Left an order to be collected the day we left. Special thanks to Cassie.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“opposite the grosvenor”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Good service and gluten-free cakes. Good value for money and clients were allowed to cahnge their options for a 'cream tea'

Visited July 2013
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Really enjoyed eating here with my wife and would go as far to say that the cream teas (traditional & Mediterranean savoury) were the best we had ever had.

I would definitely visit this place again if I ever had the privilege of being in Torquay again.

I'm happy I was able to persuade my wife to stop in on the afternoon we visited :-)

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Breakfast, and lovely owners!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Decided to pop up for some brekkie this morning after deciding the Premier Inn was just too pricey and after checking the reviews already on here. And we weren't disappointed. For only £8 I chose a Mini breakfast, picking 3 items from a good list and which included toast, marmalade and juice which was a perfect size for me, although amazed with getting TWO hash browns in my single choice portion - yum yum! The hubby chose a small breakfast which was generous, and came with toast again, marmalade and a choice of coffee/tea or juice. The owners are lovely - we were the only ones in at the time so we paid compliments to the chef and had a lovely chat, finding out they'd only been open a year but seem to be so successful already. They also said if you fancy anything different on the menu that's not there, or fancy your food cooked a certain way (crispy bacon, fried egg turned over) they're more than happy to cater to your requirements, which on top of the excellent value for money is so refreshing. It being a family run business adds to the friendly and easily felt local atmosphere. It's food at it's simplest and traditional in a nice, homely cafe - no frills, but clean and welcoming.

Chippenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why eat in hotels? This place is amazing!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Premier Inn, Torquay last night and my wife suggested we have breakfast at the Singing Kettle this morning. I'll be honest, I was a little sceptical. however I'm so glad we ate here. I had a small English breakfast and my wife the mini and what an excellent breakfast it was. Perfectly cooked, great value (breakfast & drinks for 2 for less than £8) - that's brilliant value - and even better when you compare that to £8 EACH at the Premier Inn. The owners are also really friendly and welcoming. We wholeheartedly recommend the Singing Kettle and turns out they cater for meals at all times of day. Check it out. You'll be glad you did.