“What a gem!”

The Singing Kettle Tea Room and Eatery
Ranked #25 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Singing Kettle is a small family run establishment serving home made scones, cakes, cookies, soups, sandwiches & lite meals including a vast gluten free menu and now a diabetic cream tea . We use local produce, suppliers and Fair Trade product where ever possible. We offer free Wi-Fi and have superfast broadband and are proud to have received 'The Certificate of Excellence' for the fifth year running.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A friend knew of my love of cheese scones and told me that I really had to try this place. So one lunch time I wondered down, only 5 mins from home. Amazing - I had a farmer's tea - instead of a cream tea this is a warmed cheese scone, served with cream cheese and onion pickle - heavenly. It came with a cup of tea, which was really nice, and the service was excellent. Have not tried any of their other offerings as I just keep going back for the cheese scone, but it all looks delicious.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Two of us had lunch here and were left a little underwhelmed having read the reviews about the Singing Kettle. The food was perfectly acceptable but nothing out of the ordinary, I think we would have been better off calling in for afternoon tea rather than lunch.

7  Thank SamH2255
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was delighted to find a tea room that did gluten free cakes who also will give you a shoulder massage, the date and walnut cake I had on Thursday was to die for and also the biscuit with peppermint cream, my dad and daughter also had gluten free cakes and didnt know the difference. You can also get strawberries and cream along with a gluten free cream tea. you must visit the Singing Kettle on your visit to Torquay either gluten free or not for delicious food and cakes and also a very friendly proprietor

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Staff were fantastic, food was even better, was staying up the road in a self catering apartment but found the food in the singing kettle very nice indeed, had full breakfast and also vegetarian breakfasts. thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

tried it for breakfast, whilst staying at premier inn, never looked any where else, fantastic staff, and on our next visit will definatley be calling again.