“Fantastic”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and were very pleased, we went in on a busy Saturday night and hadn't booked but the staff greeted us and managed to find us a table. We were amazed to see that we almost had two menus to choose from: a grill menu and a thai menu which meant that we tool a lot longer than expected to choose our meal!! however we ordered drinks which were quickly brought to us and a jug of water for the table as it was boiling! Unfortunately, they had run out of ice but managed to bring us some shortly afterwards; fantastic service! I decided to go for the bacon and stilton burger which was fantastically cooked and really tasty. My boyfriend went for a seafood thai dish which was very spicy but smelled incredible. The shellfish was cooked to perfection and the dish was very well presented. Overall we were extremely pleased with the variety of meals and the obvious skill that they were cooked with. Will definitely be eating here again.

• Visited June 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably bad customer service.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a table of 11 booked for half past 8 they came and took our drinks order which was brought fine. Then it was gone 9 by the time they took our order. We then ordered a second round of drinks about 9.20 which didn't turn up.
also we had been put in a back room with little or no ventilation and the day had been extremely hot. We had been seated underneath the spotlights.
After complaining about the wait a member of staff said we didn't arrive until 9 and then claimed we were told about the delay at the time of booking - WHICH WE HADN'T BEEN.
Even if we had have been told this wasn't the type of response I expect to hear from a customer service point of view.
Although in the end they brought out a round of drinks for us free of charge, this was not a sufficient response as their should have been some effort to discount the meal, not just add an additional product to it which itself comes with a high profit margin value.
The food was OK once it eventually arrived but this experience without doubt spoiled my night on what should have been a memorable evening.
I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone I liked.

• Visited June 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Dissapointment doesn't cover it”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After visiting tiger bills a while ago and being the only customers in the restaurant we were quite pleased however returning on 2 occasions with more than 4 tables in house the service was awful. The waitress was rude and dismissive to my partner whilst he was ordering which then was followed by a 45minute wait on the 'first half' of our meal, we ordered soup with the 'add rice for 50p' option, that didn't even arrive. After 15minutes we asked the waitress in which she said she would go and check, another 10minutes and still no word so he went up to the only waitress doing her job properly to ask then the girl waiting our table shouted across the bar "it's coming!" because of course we could read her mind. We waited a further 10minutes, had finished our soup (with mushrooms, even though requested without) we said we wanted to pay for what we have eaten as we no longer want to wait for some boiled rice and sweet potato fries. We were not offered any complimentary drinks to try and salvage our custom. The table next to us asked us what was going on to which we told them, they said they had been told there was a 15minute wait on food. We paid at the till and was lied to by the unprofessional manager(earlier messing around on the bar) blaming the waitress that we were not informed of this supposed '45minute wait'. If you want to feel like a huge burden and want to receive half of your meal, with terrible sulky aggressive service, this is the place to go.

Manchester
“A nice meal”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

From outside Tiger Bills looks like a theme restaurant and my Malaysian-born partner was sceptical whether it would do authentic Asian food. We ordered from the Thai menu and when the food arrived it was quite authentic (so I'm told!) and tasted great. The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the meal.

• Visited July 2013
“If you enjoy Quality food don't come here”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Seated Fairly Quickly.

All the food did not arrive at the same time (the restaurant was not busy)

My soup was stupidly sweet, I wouldn't be surprised if the head chef was Mr Haribo.

It was served with out a spoon

Don't order the bucket of chicken wings. They were dryer than an Arabs Sandal and tasted like one as well

My partners Chicken Bill burger was more bland and dull than Eeyor's back side. My 3 year old gum shield had more flavour than that burger.
It was served on the side of frozen fried chips, and a handful of floret salad from the bag. We told the waitress that our burger did not have any "cool mayonnaise" so she brought over and saucer of mayo squeezed out of a tub.

Overall Pretty Poor.
Would definitely recommend Amicci's, Biancos, or even your local Indian/Thai/Chinese take away over here.

More of a let down than "Hang Over 3"

1 Thank Shwinboi