“Highly disappointed, yet again”
Review of Tiger Bills - CLOSED

Tiger Bills
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Having had a bad experience at the restaurant a year ago, I decided to give Tiger bills another chance by deciding to get a take away.
We called up and was told that the order would take an hour and a half so decided to go and collect our food. We were told to collect our order in 20 mins so we left after half an hour, and by the time we got there it had been 45 mins.
On our arrival were told it wasn't ready yet and to wait another 10 mins. Suprisingly, The restaurant was actually very empty.
I eventually got my food after asking if the delivery on the hot plate (which had been there 5 mins) was mine...it was.
When I finally opened my food containers at home I realised quite quickly that the dishes were cold. I didn't see the point in complaining as I was now starving and could have eaten anything, or so I thought...
The chips tasted like left overs, the ribs and chicken were reminiscent of a late night kebab house and the Thai food represented a packet sauce concuction -reminiscent of a microwave meal.
I could have forgiven most of these issues if the meal was reasonable but it cost us the best part of £60 and we had to collect.
It almost makes me want to open a thia takeaway, if this is the competition.
Disappointed yet again and definitely won't be returning.

1  Thank alybarber79

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Tried this with friends who live in Torquay. Absolutely delicious Thai menu. Completely freshly made to order, service was pleasant and timely. Really enjoyed and would look to go again

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I live in Torquay and whilst in town doing some shopping, we decided to try out Tiger Bills. We had the Thai menu as it was very good value for money at just under £8 for two courses. The food was tasty and fresh and the service was very good- all very friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited on a quiet Sunday night and ended up being the only people in the restaurant. The layout was nice, our booth table was good and the benches comfortable. Drinks were fine and brought along promptly, the service in this respect was good and the ladies that were working were very helpful.

We ordered starters and mains, all from the Thai side of the menu. Our starters of prawns wrapped in filo and little parcels filled with minced pork were pretty average and a bit disappointing - the sort of thing you might expect to find available in the buffet food section of your supermarket. Our mains were a creamy Thai curry with nuts, and a duck stir fry. These were much better than the starters, both tasty and generous in portion size. If we had been a little more hungry we both would've cleared our plates.

All in all, we had a nice enough meal; OK but nothing particularly special. If we were local to Torquay, I would consider eating here again, but I'd probably not bother with a starter this time.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Live locally so have come here a few times ... The food is good quality and reasonable value, great choice on the menu as well but the service is absolutely awful. Busy Saturday afternoon and the waitresses don't even seem to know they were there. Took ages to get our order taken, then 2 starters turned up without a third despite us all ordering the same thing. We enquired but did not get acknowledged or apologised too. people were waiting to be seated and the food bell kept going off and nobody went to collect the food. Disappointing!