“Ok but nothing special”

Belgrave
Ranked #164 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
London, United Kingdom
“Ok but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were a party of 4 people dining on a relatively busy Saturday evening. The quality of the food was mixed - I had a rump steak which you could barely chew although others in the party were ok (not amazed) at their cuts of meat. Our daughter had a main course out of the children's menu which was far from inspiring but the pudding was great according to her. In all fairness my starter (calamaries was nice too - my partner had mushrooms and he left his alone). My son had a yummy bannoffee pie which was very good indeed. The service was mixed and drinks too way to long to arrive. In short ok but nothing fantastic and wont return.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
London
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good value if you eat before 6.30pm? I had the fish and chips, and my partner had the steak, cooked very well. Bottomless chips and coke which is not great if you are on a diet...lol

Visited September 2013
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Good priced food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good food, good price. If you want a fast basic meal at a good price, this place is fine.********************

Visited September 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Plentiful and Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This Beefeater is attached to the Premier Inn. We had all our breakfasts and evening meals there during a recent short break.

The staff were very attentive and we did not have to waiting in between courses. We opted for the set menu to included in our hotel price. This represented great value for money. We did not sample the main menu.

It was busy and child friendly so perhaps not for those wanting a quiet or romantic meal out and is more suitable for families or large groups on a night out.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm not picky. But I've had better at Burger King!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife went into the bar. 3 people serving behind bar. 5 customers waiting to be served. Still waited 10 mins.
Thought it was a one off. Bought pint of lager, large rosé wine and told barman to "take his own" bill was £12. Bought second round. Exactly same drinks minus the take your own. Bill was £8.10. So the barman took shy of £4 off me.

Anyway we order our food. Which took 10 mins at bar and told there was 45 min wait.

We got our starters. Half way thru starters our mains come out. So we told them to bring it back in 10 mins.
The waitress brought it back and it looked dried up. So they obviously just left it by a hot lamp while we waited. After we got our mains. We had to wait a further 5 mins for the manager/supervisor to bring us cutlery. He was obviously in no rush as he did a few jobs behind the bar. And then looked at us and realised he'd forgot about us.

I don't usually pick at things like this but it really was an appalling service. And I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013