“Pretty good for a Beefeater”
Review of Belgrave Beefeater

Belgrave Beefeater
Ranked #173 of 343 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Pretty good for a Beefeater”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Seventeen of us arrived for a Family Dinner at the Beefeater and I was extremely surprised to see how well they managed our booking, arranging the tables in a square with everyone facing in. Our waitress was brilliant and funny and worth her weight in gold by the way she took great care in getting our orders right and ensuring that we got the best deal possible by arranging sharing dishes and extra Fries.

Starters were simple and tasty and the main courses were in the main, ample and delicious although the fish was a disappointment with little taste and topped with Chilli powder for some unknown reason. Deserts, for those who had room, were very good and rounded up a very reasonable meal at a very reasonable price.

Excellent position on the Seafront and Pretty good for a Beefeater.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Good for what it is!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to go out for a meal which we knew would be good value for money. I saw they had a good evening deal for the 2 course and 3 courses and included what a would've had anyway.

For starters I had garlic bread, it came to the table and was shocked that it was a small plate of 2 small pieces of garlic bread. Would've liked a little more to be honest.

Service was a little awkward, our waitress Lauren seemed a little robotic and fake. A little more enthusiasm and confidence would've been nice. However she was a very nice girl and served us well.

The steak for my main course was brilliant, "cooked to perfection" - as stated on the menu. I also loved the fact that our chips were bottomless. My girlfriend has the chicken burger with bacon and cheese, I tried a bit and thought it to was delicious. Bacon was nice a crispy, chicken was moist and seasoned well, however the cheese slice was not melted but was just placed on top of the fillings. Would've been better if it had been melted under the grill or something.

Deserts we both had the chocolate fudge sundae. As sundaes go, it was very very good. Had to finish my girlfriends as she could not finish it.

Both had a very enjoyable evening and will most probably return as I have also signed up to the reward system there.

Thank you!

• Visited May 2013
Tadworth, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food was excellent I had chicken and my husband had steak but the service was rather poor. It was like they did not want us to be there

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicer staff than the average chain”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Popped in for a bite and a pint. The bar tender was singing behind the bar, and really put a smile on my face. She was clearly enjoying herself and it was infectious: all the staff were courteous, shared a joke and smiled.

Don't go to a chain and expect the Ritz, but this was exceptional service - I wouldn't have been surprised to find a surly time server so it was great to be charmed.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good staff bad experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

we ate there on Friday 10th May and the restaurant was nearly full. It wasn't the fault of the staff but we were sat next to a lady with three very small children and despite the fact that one of the children had obviously filled his nappy it took a while and comments from me before she took hime and changed him. The meal was ok until it came to my wife's desert , the Eton Mess. It looked great but when she bit into the fruit she said it tasted off, I tasted it and the only way I can describe it is that it tasted mouldy. The manager came over immediately and offered an alternative, he also promised to look into it and check the fruit mix. All said the staff are really friendly but the food was average.

1 Thank John D