“So, so close to excellent”
Review of The Kents

The Kents
Ranked #38 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were in a bit of a hurry due to having to make another, important appointment in just over an hour. For that reason we asked when we arrived how long the wait for food would be and we were told "not long". It was busy and there was very little seating and it was a Friday evening....but, I'd rather have been told the truth....which was closer to an hour!
That said, if we had been told "an hour" we wouldn't have stayed and we would have missed out on really, really good, well made, well presented food.Well priced and very good value. all of the dishes were well received by adults and teenagers alike. Chicken Fajitas were lovely as was the burger. Proper beef patti and quality bun.
Special mention to the member of staff that took our order. I explained the rush that we were in and she genuinely appeared to try to help....clearly it made little or no difference to the kitchens output but the customer service experience was great.
I would definately return and we had a good experience in spite of the wait.
Next time we will make sure we've got more time to enjoy it.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent pub with lovely separate dining room if you don't want to eat in pub area. I visited this pub last summer on my first ever visit to area and was so impressed visited twice during a 4 night stay in area. It was so nice it was the first place I ate this year on holiday, the food is amazing and great value. The place has a lovely atmosphere and deserves good reviews and recommendations. Can highly recommend the fajita's and burgers. Good vegetarian choices as well.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to eat at The Kents is August 2013 with my family and my sisters boyfriend and his family. The food was nice but it was let down by the price and the service. I ordered a pizza that was £4.00. When it came (about 1 hr + later) I realised it was a Chicago Town 3 minute pizza which you can buy for one £1.00 or less. The service was bad, as I said it took 1hr for my food! It took either 55 minutes for some people and 1hr and 10 mins for others.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food and dinning area separate from the pub we came on holiday one evening. Food meals we had all lovely, nice friendly bar and waitress service. Will definitely be back on next trip down to Torquay. Can highly recommend x

Reviewed August 6, 2013

There's a really warm atmosphere and it feels like a proper pub should. The food was very nice indeed and the service was lovely. With a wide range of drinks and what seems real pub food it's a lovely place to enjoy a casual, tasty meal.