“Fantastico!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Macaris Italian restaurant - CLOSED

Macaris Italian restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kent
“Fantastico!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a lovely unpretentious restaurant overlooking the harbour....Great food and sensibly priced, The atmosphere is relaxing and staff are friendly and welcoming. Stone baked Pizza cooked to order is great in an open prep area. I visit this place whenever at Torquay - don't miss it!

Banwell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were in Torquay to celebrate my birthday this week and went in to Macari's for a coffee..was familiar with the name from Macari's in Herne Bay.
Thought it was an ice ream parlour/ coffee lounge, but after 6 pm it transforms into a proper Italian restaurant...spoke with the chef/owner and told her how much I love a proper seafood risotto...she said it was one of her specialities..when she described how it is prepared from scratch booked for my birthday on the spot.
We returned the following evening and had a fantastic meal...a large sharing platter or anti pasta
And we both went for the seafood risotto which was one the best ever....enjoyed a bottle of house whitetoo andthe bill was only about £41. To top itmoff they appeared with a chocolate cake and two lemonchellos for my birthday...loved it. it will be our place to eat whenever we stay in Torquay again.

1 Thank Hutson110
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“food & service 10 out of 10!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

whilst staying in Torquay we decided at the last minute to eat here, they were just closing (9.40pm) but the most charming Italian waitress said it was no trouble. we had calamari to start and unlike the 'elastic bands' in breadcrumbs this was soft and very tasty.not being pizza & pasta fans we chose the sea bass for one main and I had chicken with parma ham and mozzarella, both meals were well presented and came with vegs on the side. the sea bass was beautiful and the chicken white, I presumed poached,with bubbling cheese was gorgeous. the wines were not overpriced, the only dissapointment was that we didn't discove this treasure until our last evening.as I said, we are not much for the everyday pizza & pasta's but for italian it came very close to fine dining.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Me my husband and 6 year old son ate here while on holiday in Torquay this August. The restaurant on the harbour front is modern and has a great atmosphere and there is a little play kitchen for the children!!. We all had starters - me the prawns in garlic and chilli, husband fried mozarela and garlic dough balls for son. All where delicious!! We all had pizzas for mains and you can tell they were made properly in a wood fired pizza oven. A far superior pizza to the chain Italian restaurants. Wish we had room for desert as they do home made ice cream. My little boys pizza was far too big for him to finish so I requested it was boxed up for a take out. The service was friendly by our waitress Anna and the bill including a glass on wine, larger and soft drink and tip came to £50 which I feel is good value.

• Visited August 2012
“Lovely views, not such lovely food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to Macaris last night for dinner as I was looking for a place to eat on the harbour. The views were stunning so I took a seat.

The service was fine but the food not Italian! The starter of breaded mozzarella was in fact two white slices of bread filled with mozzarella.

The main course of pasta with smoked salmon tasted good but I wasn't offered any Parmesan.

The views were stunning but I would pick one of the other dozen of restaurants instead.