“Best ever”
Review of Paul's Plaice

Paul's Plaice
Ranked #110 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a top class chip shop and in our view one of the best chip shops around as the food is fantastic, portions are large and overall great value for money,

2  Thank Jarrod H

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Took a chance in this takeaway after arriving in Torquay much later than anticipated on the first day of our holiday. all I can say is these have to be the best fish and chips I've ever had! Chips had a lovely crunch to them. Portions more than large enough for a man and enough for mum and younger child to share. Fish was battered lovely and skinned as well as boned which meant i could enjoy both sides of the batter. Enjoyed so much we actually visited again before our week was up. Great, friendly staff (even if the nana comment was a little too much info! ...but very funny!!)

HIGHLY recommended if you are visiting Torquay

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have heard great things about this fish and chip shop so my boyfriend and I decided to check it out.

Having looked at the portions they were massive. However, unlike some places, this place does a mini chop and chips (£3.25) and it is definitely just the right amount!

My only criticism is that the fish is delicious but the battering is slightly watery and it is quite sickly and not done how normal batter should be or fish.

However, you can ask for the scribbles which are the crispy bits from the fish and chips!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

As you can see from previous reviews I love the fish and chips here but recently the portions have gotten really, really small. Yes they used to be generous portions but the mini cod and chips has gone to too small for my kids. Sad to say I have even stopped coming :-( cos the mini cod and chips just aren't going round the family. Hope this goes back to normal so I can start coming again cos I do miss those crispy chips they just seem to have gone a bit tight with them. I wouldn't have missed a few chips taken out but am now getting about a quarter of what they used to give me. Disappointed to say the least.

1  Thank SecretSquirrelMum
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very good food on the whole and good value but the service is often shockingly bad. It is our local, so we do use it from time to time but are often kept waiting for long periods or get the wrong order!!

1  Thank Donna J