“Whats happened to the portions Paul?!!!”
Review of Paul's Plaice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paul's Plaice
Ranked #143 of 349 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As you can see from previous reviews I love the fish and chips here but recently the portions have gotten really, really small. Yes they used to be generous portions but the mini cod and chips has gone to too small for my kids. Sad to say I have even stopped coming :-( cos the mini cod and chips just aren't going round the family. Hope this goes back to normal so I can start coming again cos I do miss those crispy chips they just seem to have gone a bit tight with them. I wouldn't have missed a few chips taken out but am now getting about a quarter of what they used to give me. Disappointed to say the least.

1  Thank SecretSquirrelMum
There are newer reviews for Paul's Plaice

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very good food on the whole and good value but the service is often shockingly bad. It is our local, so we do use it from time to time but are often kept waiting for long periods or get the wrong order!!

1  Thank Donna J
Reviewed May 15, 2013

On holiday in torquay and found this chippy
Cannot find a fault wiv it
Chips were outstanding and extremely generous portions
Fish was superb
Great value for money
Super fast friendly service (wife didn't even have time to get plates out even after doin a 1 mile round trip)
If your in torquay then you must try this chippy

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We always come here for our local fish and chip shop! The taste is amazing and so is the value! The fish and chips are the best I have ever tasted!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I think they must have read the reviews as boy this place has got even better! I said in my last review that it has been a little greasy at times but I have been regularly recently and every time I have had piping hot, fresh, crispy chips and lovely white cod in crispy batter and plenty of it. This place must be due an award soon as although it might not look fancy from the outside like the ones in Babbacombe in my opinion this place has far tastier fish and chips at a reasonable price and after all, it is takeaway so it doesnt really matter what the front of the shop looks like now does it! Keep it up Paul and your polite staff and we'll keep on coming and queing out the door!