My wife and I have stayed here on 3 separate occasions and always receive a good welcome. It is a family run business and the owners always come and speak to all of their guests making you feel like one of the family. They can judge it perfectly when you want to speak and when you want to be left alone. Mthe rooms are bright and clean and the garden is nice. I love the breakfasts. The yoghourt and the blackberry compote is to die for. I could easily eat my own body weight in it. They try and source their food directly from local farmers and have an interesting selection of local ales. Go for one of the murder mystery evenings where your fellow guests are as interesting if no more so than the actors. I keep looking for an excuse to go back to this place with my wife, hopefully we can make it soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon this Georgian retreat is set in landscaped gardens near Torquay and offers some of the finest accommodation and dining in South Devon. Stylishly refurbished as a Boutique Hotel, the Orestone provides comfortable, luxurious rooms, The New Brunel Lounge Bar, Lounge areas, Conservatory casual Dinning and an excellent main restaurant. Located in the rural village of Maidencombe on the fringe of Torquay, it has stunning views across the Torbay coastline and Lyme Bay. From from light bites, Afternoon Cream Teas, Lumches including locally caught fish and hand cut chips the choice is most satisfying. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the sun terrace with cracking menus and wonderful views. An award winning restaurant provides a little more sophistication for lunch or dinner if preferred! The terrace and conservatory are perfect places for an impromptu break from daily life, no need to dress up - casuals and walking boots welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your The Orestone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orestone Hotel Torquay
- The Orestone Manor Torquay, Devon