We have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Orestone and what a fantastic choice we made in staying there. The room (no 6) was a nice size, with a huge bathroom and lovely balcony with a wonderful sea view.
There was a good choice on the evening menu, we tried Venison, Lamb, Pork and good old fish and chips and could not fault any of the dishes. Our only problem was that the size of the main course meant that we were unable to try any of the puddings!
One final comment must go to all of the staff we met and who looked after us during our stay. Nothing was too much for them and everything was done in a nice friendly old fashioned way which you don't often get these days.
We will definately visit again next year and thanks again for a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon this Georgian retreat is set in landscaped gardens near Torquay and offers some of the finest accommodation and dining in South Devon. Stylishly refurbished as a Boutique Hotel, the Orestone provides comfortable, luxurious rooms, The New Brunel Lounge Bar, Lounge areas, Conservatory casual Dinning and an excellent main restaurant. Located in the rural village of Maidencombe on the fringe of Torquay, it has stunning views across the Torbay coastline and Lyme Bay. From from light bites, Afternoon Cream Teas, Lumches including locally caught fish and hand cut chips the choice is most satisfying. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the sun terrace with cracking menus and wonderful views. An award winning restaurant provides a little more sophistication for lunch or dinner if preferred! The terrace and conservatory are perfect places for an impromptu break from daily life, no need to dress up - casuals and walking boots welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your The Orestone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orestone Hotel Torquay
- The Orestone Manor Torquay, Devon