“As individual as they come”

Old Vienna Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 349 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with an Austrian Touch - Austrian Chef/Proprietor-Werner Rott and his team are here to look after customers with a smile and mostly locally sourced ingredient in casual surroundings - a small intimate Restaurant with just 22 Covers where the guest is treated like a friend 2015 Taste of the West South Devon Fine Dining Silver Award 2016 Taste of the West South West England Gold Award
Reviewed August 1, 2014

A second visit in 2 years to this little restaurant served to confirm that Werner, the owner/chef, has lost none of his charm or ability to turn out excellent food at reasonable prices.The dishes are interesting and varied. I couldn't resist the veal which was perfectly cooked and my companions assured me the venison was to die for. In the Torquay area,if you are looking for a really good evening dining out in relaxed surroundings then the Old Vienna must be at the top of your list.

There are newer reviews for Old Vienna Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked the restaurant in advance. Managed to come with an hour delay due to traffic but still we're welcome by nice personal and very pleasant chef. We had nice starter of smoked duck, as a main veal which was perfect, desserts were real treats. Prices are on higher side but we left very satisfied. All guest were offered a glass of schnapps which we don't drink but had a taste of an awesome pumpkin oil instead.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

excellent food and a wide selection of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes to choose from. Verner! The owner and chef, comes out to see you at the end of your meal, which is a lovely touch, as is the free schnapps when paying the bill.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

although we live in torquay this is the first time we have visited this restaurant. it certainly wont be the last ! excellent service fantastic food, just one word of warning make sure you leave room for the best desserts ever ! we will certainly be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Having visited the restaurant last year, when I was last in the area, I couldn't wait to book here again and enjoy some really excellent Austrian food. I wasn't disappointed - It was fantastic again! Shame they didn't have my first choice of starter, but they did have everything else, and I wasn't sad to have had the sausages on sauerkraut instead!
The wine list is fantastic - lot's of Austrian wines, many I had not heard of or tried before, the wines I have had here have always been of the highest quality (and I am very fussy with wine).
The chap who is both chef and owner is genuinely friendly and takes an interest in his customers. It was just a shame that this year there were only three tables taken the night I visited. I do hope this is a rare thing for him, as he deserves to be full every night as the Orange Tree and No7 appear to be.

1  Thank Fiona M