“Excellent in every way!”

Old Vienna Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Austrian, European, British, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Description: Restaurant with an Austrian Touch - Austrian Chef/Proprietor-Werner Rott and his team are here to look after customers with a smile and mostly locally sourced ingredient in casual surroundings - a small intimate Restaurant with just 22 Covers where the guest is treated like a friend 2015 Taste of the West South Devon Fine Dining Silver Award 2016 Taste of the West South West England Gold Award
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I booked our New Years Eve meal here after reading recommendations on trip advisor.

What a perfect evening, excellent food, excellent atmosphere, excellent host and chef. Like I said EXCELLENT in every way!

If you are in the area you most certainly need to visit, we will definitely be back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“An excellent recommendation by friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Friends have taken us to this small and intimate restaurant, recommended as their number One choice in Torquay. They certainly have not exaggerated! Reception and service was charming and outstanding, and the food was absolutely superb!
We've found our new favourite eatery for a special occasion!

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Our Bit of Christmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went last night to The Old Vienna in Torquay. It was our first visit sinceit returned o Lisburn Square. We used to be regulars and we were not disappointed. What a fabulous reception and a meal that was simply superb. Werner the chef proprietor is as good as ever. Great night out.

Old Vienna Restaurant

7 Lisburne Square, Torquay, England

Your first-hand experiences really help other travellers. Thanks!

Your overall rating of this restaurant
Your overall rating of this restaurant Select one 1 2 3 4 5

Excellent

Title of your review

Your review (100 character minimumguki

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Probably the best in Torquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our pre-Christmas meal at Old Vienna was, as always, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The restaurant is small and intimate, with contemporary solid oak furniture. The service is personal and friendly; nothing is too much trouble. The very attractive Christmas decorations were understated but very festive, and the volume of the Christmas music at just the right level so that we could hear the music but didn't have to raise our voices to talk. Werner, the owner and chef, sources as much food as he can locally, and everything is homemade - the hot bread rolls were to die for! I haven't eaten at all the restaurants in Torquay, but Old Vienna has to be up there with the best, and certainly the best I have eaten at locally.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Fantastic all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I took my mum and dad to this restaurant for dinner before seeing Joan Armatrading at the Princess Theatre. The owner couldn't have been more accommodating, he opened up early, especially so we'd have enough time to eat and then move on to the gig. We had the most amazing meal - everything was delicious from the freshly baked bread, through to the venison my mum ordered. I had garlic mushrooms to start and they were amazing. Then a monkfish and chorizo main course which was just devine! I wish we'd had enough time for dessert because the standard was so high. The owner and waitress were so cheerful and attentive throughout, even when we were panicking trying to find the restaurant. One minor point, not even a criticism, I'm not sure about the swan made out of fat, which has pride of place next to the bar - a relic from a past time, evidently, an item made on The Generation Game....Joan Armatrading & The Generation Game - yes, I am that old. If I'm ever in Torquay again, I will head straight for this restaurant, it's truly lovely.

• Visited November 2012