“Fantastic :)”

Old Vienna Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant with an Austrian Touch - Austrian Chef/Proprietor-Werner Rott and his team are here to look after customers with a smile and mostly locally sourced ingredient in casual surroundings - a small intimate Restaurant with just 22 Covers where the guest is treated like a friend 2015 Taste of the West South Devon Fine Dining Silver Award 2016 Taste of the West South West England Gold Award
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've now eaten at the Old Vienna a number of times, including having a birthday meal with 20 of my friends there. It's a small intimate restaurant and Werner is a very entertaining host. The food is excellent, and myself and friends have sampled many dishes from the menu. Favorites have been the rump of Lamb with roasted garlic (fantastic) Sea Bass, everyone that ordered this raved about it, Venison done many ways and various Schnitzels. Werners talents dont stop with mains, starters have included pan fried pigeon breast, amazing roast garlic and cauliflower soup, scallops, etc and puddings are also as fab including traditional Linzer Torte and Apfel Strudel. Out of 20 people all ordering different dishes, everyone complimented Werner on the food they had.

2  Thank David B

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I eat at this superb restaurant last Friday. It is a small intimate restaurant serving excellent freshly made food. The chef and his assistant were very friendly and welcoming. We felt like we were private dinner guests in their home!! Our only regret is that we don't live in Torquay!! If we did we would be regular visitors

3  Thank Sally L
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I visited the Old Vienna last Sunday with my wife. We had an absolutely fabulous meal. The food and atmosphere were superb and the service was great too. Verner was very friendly and happy to chat to his customers. I will definitely visit this restaurant again on my next visit to Torquay. I also think the value for money was also very good too. I would not hesitate to reccomend this restaurant.

2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Brilliant 3 course meal, and great company courtesy of the TV personality chef. The locally hunted venison was fantastic and both the starter and desert were among some of the best I've had. If your looking for brilliant cuisine in Torquay that is a cut above the rest look no further.

4  Thank Tony R
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My mother and I visited Old Vienna last Wednesday evening. We had the most unforgettable night. The meal was without a doubt perfection on a plate and the hospitality was excellent. We would like to say a special thank you to the chef proprietor and his star of a waitress. What more can I say....!

4  Thank Loraine C