“Best value for money hotel in Babbacombe!”
Review of Anchorage Hotel

Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #77 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best value for money hotel in Babbacombe!”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

My wife and I stayed for a long weekend at the end of November for a tinsel and turkey festive break. Food excellent, entertainment fabulous, staff friendly, hotel warm and welcoming. Have stayed here for many years and have always enjoyed our stay. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel without reservation to anyone!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L9TWB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bristol United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My recent stay at the Anchorage was most enjoyable. The reception was friendly and accom,modating. The room was comfortable, warm and clean. The food was very good with a choice that would suite most, service was excellent.
The entertainment, provided every evening, I could not fault, be it, comedian,cabaret or dancing.
Overall this Hotel is certainly good value for money.
I do not understand the negative comments expressed in some reviews about this hotel. My opinion of the Anchorage has not changed over all the years I have stayed here. I have booked three weekends every year since 1999!
I would not hesitate to recommend a stay at the Anchorage.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank mrted123
mathern
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed at the anchorage 2 weekends ago and couldn't fault our stay. We stayed in one of the deluxe rooms that was very comfortable and inviting and had everything a premier inn room offers.The food was very well done and we enjoyed everything that was served to us. The staff coudn't do enough for us. where else can you have a 3 day weekend with dinner, bed and breakfast and afternoon tea for £200 approx. I know I will be returning with my family in tow.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We have just had the misfortune of staying at this hotel and i definately would not recommend.The room was dirty and unfinshed with what looks like some recent decoration?my friend has walking diffulties and when we asked if she could have a room closer to the lift we were told by a rude man which we later discovered was the manager that this was not possible.The food was also luke warm and we were told that if we wanted other choices we would have to pay highly for this.
I can only assume the good reviews on here are people who have not been to the hotel in a long time as that is definately not how we found the management and hotel!!!Avoid with bells on!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank susanP67

Travelers are raving about these Torquay hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2010

we have stayed at the anchorage hotel many time in the last few years,and would stay there again, we booked to stay there over the new year which we have stay there before, the meals over the new year are very frist class, our room was clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful, if there's anything we need we just ask the staff. the hotel warm and cosy, swimming pool in the summer very nice,

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank october1957
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2010

In my opinion: Food - Great if you are on a diet as more items off the menu than on it. Long periods between courses, limited rashions, only allowed one choice of breakfast. Portions were small.
Room - No wardrobe or drawers, Stale damp room with clear signs of mould on wallpaper.
Service - In my opinion it was appalling with agressive rude members of senior staff who try to intimidate their clients. Was told to 'Shut up' at one stage.
Entertainment - to a poor standard.
I am 70 + years old and travel regular, I have stayed at various levels of accommodation accross the world however in my experience this has to be the worst place I have ever stayed at!!! I never felt the need to warn others before.

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank KazzieB69
Bristol
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Booked this hotel using online booking facility,three rooms,two doubles and one twin,when we arrived there were no rooms booked,receptionist said they didnt have online booking on there website,anyway after staring at her hand written registration book she did find us the rooms,hoorah,in all honesty the rooms were not to bad my room(no14) the en-suite was newly refurbished good shower and new flooring,mums room had ripped lino in bathroom and wallpaper peeling off,breakfast was terrible served on a side plate and poor quality food,were not offered juice and cereal,only one or the other,when we got home we checked their website again and sure enough there is a online booking facility,(the one i had used)my wife rang to suggest they sort out website so it ties into their office procedures,then one hour later had a phone call from the owner telling me i had obviously done something wrong pressed the wrong button or something,i am not stupid and booked many holidays and hotels online before with no problems,it was just his arrogance and attitude,very rude would not recommend this hotel to anybody,very Basil Fawlty attributes !!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family