“Excellent stay”
Review of Anchorage Hotel

Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #64 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Anchorage Hotel. Found the hotel to be positioned in a quiet location set back from the main road. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff and management where very pleasant and friendly. The food was very good with a varied choice and was always pipping hot. Would recommend this hotel and will certainly return. Well done all the staff at the Anchorage Hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John V

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times. It is conveniently located in Babbacombe, close to Torquay. This review relates to my stay in March 2014. We a room on the 3rd floor. The room was pleasant and airy and the bed comfortable although the duvet was a bit thin. Opening windows meant I could indulge my passion for sleeping with a window open. Wifi worked well and quick too. There was adequate hot water and the shower worked well. Parking is adequate and is free, a rarity for us city folk!

4  Thank Cityfolker
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business and the overall stay was very pleasant and the staff were all very helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Torquay reagardless if it is business or pleasure as it is very near to the workplace and to the sea.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for two nights on a dinner bed and breakfast deal. We paid extra for a deluxe room and it was well worth it. A really big lovely room. The meal the first night was excellent and the second was good too. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and we were there with friends and all agreed we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Deluxe upgrade was well worth it our opinion, lovely big room and for not much extra.
1  Thank mary o
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Having spent many a year with my parents in Babbacombe on holiday as child, when I saw the advert in the paper for the Anchorage I couldnt resist. Admittedly I went with rose tinted glasses but I wasnt dissapoited. The weather wasn't as I remembered it to be but I suppose it was March! I was really impressed with the hotel. It's really quite impressive and our room was nice too. Meals were always on time and lovely and hot and tasty. We were served by a lovely young lad who was great, a real asset to the hotel. All in all, our visit to Babbacombe after an absense of 40+ years was great, we wont wait another 40!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I try to get away to the westcountry 2 or 3 times a year and I have to say the anchorage has to be one of my favourite hotels. For quality of service and value for money it just cant be beaten. The weather was very kind to us this year too, which was great. I always look forward to my stay and am often sad to leave.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

had a lovely stay at the Anchorage, my husband is disabled
and we chose a deluxe room, the management were very kind and gave us room 27 on the ground floor, very very nice room. the room was extremely spacious and very clean!
the atmosphere was magical, very festive.
it was a lovely time, thank you all

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple