Corbyn Head Hotel
$103
$86
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewsorchid restaurantsea viewpetit fourssister hotellivermead clifffirst classhigh standardreception staffsecond to nonedining roomroom was largetorquay areaone night staybit datedmy mumshort breaksea front
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Spent two nights at the hotel. Didn't expect great things at a resort with so many hotels and guest houses, but was very pleasantly surprised. The service was, perhaps, the best I have ever encountered at any hotel, including that at top international hotels; friendly, efficient and very polite without being OTT.

We were celebrating my fiancee's mother's birthday and we'd organized a cake. When and where to present it proved a little tricky as the hotel was so busy, but the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure it happened as required, even to the point of reserving a separate table in the (virtually full) lounge for our party.

This quality of service was evident throughout the stay and by all staff so, clearly, their training was excellent.

Well done!

Reviewed August 21, 2010

The staff at this hotel were superb. An extremely friendly crew and an obviously happy ship. The food was really enjoyable and the attached Orchid Restaurant was suberb, well worth the £15 supplement per person. We enjoyed our pearl wedding anniversary at this hotel and will always remember a very enjoyable experience. The only grouse was the tired furniture in the bedrooms. The room was immaculate and the bed fine, but the toilet had a strange combination flush to work, the sink and bath were originals from the fifties and a bit past their sell by date and various odd bits of furniture needed replacing. The worse thing of all were the old tatty faded mucky plastic chairs on the balcony. All in all though I would gladly return as the good well out weighs the poor.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

Tried to book into this hotel with Booking.com
I thought I had booked a room with seaview and paid with my credit card.
The hotel telepphened the next day to say they had already booked someone in themselves, what a rubbish system.
I thought I was booked in, apparently NOT.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel once before two years ago. Our second visit was as impressive as the first. Friendly staff who could not do more to oblige every need. No one thing is a problem. The food and service is excellent as is the location with fabulous views. We shall return - thank you

Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and myself had a 4 day break at this hotel. and had a lovely stay, nice S/V room,good food, very comfortable surroundings. Swimming pool was under repair at the time, but thats not a criticism. We would recommend a stay at this hotel, and would return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple