“An old but very comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Livermead Cliff Hotel

BEST WESTERN Livermead Cliff Hotel
Ranked #41 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
“An old but very comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

An old but very comfortable hotel with a lovely unique view over the bay of Torbay. As you would expect from an old hotel the rooms vary in size and some are spacious other small. The bar staff wear dark tail suits that gives the impression of superior service, however they don't always live up to it. They are, however, very friendly and pleasant. Breakfast was good and you could choose what you have for your full english breakfast, the staff were very accommodating and it was served quickly and was of good quality. Dinner was a set three course or two course however we went for a bar meal one night and room service the next. These meals were super and were delivered quickly and considering it is an hotel ,not too bad price wise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was our second stay at the Hotel. We had an excellent 3 nights. The food was excellent as were the staff and facilities. Both Ana in the restaurant and Fabio - now the night porter both rembered us (and we them) from our previous stay. Their helpfulness and cheerfulness added to the satisfaction of our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Valerie V
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very comfortable hotel with great views across the bay. Staff very friendly and welcoming and very pleasant to all guests. Room good standard and all facilities worked well. Bar and breakfast staff very friendly. Overall good experience and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Torbay area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed for a Valentine's weekend with two other couples. The hotel is a little tired and dated but over all for a three star the hotel was good value. When we arrived we were served with tea and coffee, very generous amounts and with complimentry homemade biscuits! Our room was large with direct access onto the terrace. The room was clean and freshly decorated. The bathroom was large with a corner bath, dated and clean apart the tiled floor grouting which needed some attention. The kingsize bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. Coffee/ tea facilities, hairdryer and flat screen tv. Two small arm chairs. The room was also very quiet. Room number 53. The staff were brilliant, the manager, Charles, was extremely attentive and ensured we were well looked after. The food was very good and generous with plenty of choice. We would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor and at the back of the hotel. Stay clear of the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed fro one night in March. Upon arrival I thought why have I booked this one. Did not look so good from the front.
However when I entered yes it looks old fashioned but it felt welcoming and the receptionist was polite and smiley.
The hotel is old fashioned and so are the rooms but dont let that put you off.
I found it all to be clean and up to task.
The room I had was clean and had a sea view. Comfy chairs and comfy bed. Slept like a log.
The wi-fi was a bit hit and miss and very slow. I gave up after a while.
The restaurant was great. The food fantastic and the ladies serving were great. My only gripe was that I was asked to sit right next to a couple when there were at least 20 other free tables where I would would not be on top of other people. I did ask if I could sit somewhere else so that I would not be in their personal space and the gentleman said NO as it was all booked. However I could not see why and whilst I was there for over an hour only another two couples came in. Again they sat us all in a row for some reason. This makes it awkward for everyone. There was so much empty space.
The quality and service howver as I have said was very good. Better than most hotels I have stayed in for a while and I stay away at least 3 nights a month.
Breakfast again was great and as I decided to have room service it was on time. Did not want to be seated on top of people again. The lady delivered with a smile and it was still nice and hot.
I would stay again when in the area and would love to use the outside terrace in summer.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

People have different ideas of what is good. I stayed in this hotel for a conference 7th/10th March 2014. I was offered a room with steps but as I was disabled I asked for one without steps. I had my bedroom changed and was upgraded to a double room. The staff were very good and helpful. They were efficient, attentive and were friendly. The hotel was right by the sea and was it was amazing to sit in the bar and the restaurant and look out to sea. The food was delicious and I have never seen so much choice. There were handmade biscuits and chocolates and a different menu each day. The bedrooms were varied in size but the beds were comfortable and the place was clean, with lots of hot water. The rooms with sea views had a supplement but were worth it. The conference rooms overlooked the sea and it was a joy to work in them. I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone either for a conference or a holiday. I have booked for another course in October this year and I can't wait. Thank you

1 Thank Debra A