“Super supper”

Drake's Fish & Chip Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: REGIONAL FINALIST FOR THE NATIONAL FISH & CHIP AWARDS - that means that we're in the top 3 fish and chip shops covering Cornwall, Devon & Dorset.... Wow!!! Also voted Local's Best Fish & Chips!!! All food is cooked to order and served both hot and fresh. Offering fish, burgers, pies etc to eat in or take away. Inexpensive food, yet still delicious, so you can keep coming without worrying about the cost! Conveniently located behind Babbacombe Downs with car park close by. Been established for over 30 years. GLUTEN FREE BATTER OPTION AVAILABLE 5PM TO 9PM ON MON & TUE (SORRY NOT BANK HOLIDAYS).
Yate, United Kingdom
“Super supper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I had a meal in the restaurant. It was spotlessly clean ,friendly, and all the staff gave excellent service. The food was freshly cooked and was excellent and great value for money

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Yummy fish & chippys”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stopped of here for our supper before going on to the theatre at Babbacombe the staff was very nice and helpfull and the food was cooked well but we thought that it was small portions for the money we spent but would use again when passing as we live local but would use as a take away as we notice the portions are a little bigger the good side is you dont have to queue.

Visited August 2013
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have eaten at Drakes before and have always found it better than Hanbury's. But today - 1st September - the food was disappointing. The chips were soft rather than crispy and the fish was tasteless. We had haddock and plaice and there was not much to chose between them. We appreciated the fact that they were open on Sunday - Hanbury's is closed - but there quality of the food could be greatly improved with a bit more care about how it is cooked and presented.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PhilippaM25
darwen
“Great Fish Supper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We arrived at our hotel and were too late for dinner - staff suggested Drakes and all I can say is we were not disappointed! Quality and served with a cheery smile :) enough said!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank paul m
TORQUAY
“Brilliant customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is my local fish and chip shop and has consistently great food but I have noticed criticism of the staff on here so I wanted to share my experience. Tonight when I was about to get my fish and chips I thought the fish didn't look quiet up to the usual size and high standard, so I mentioned it and without hesitation they offered to cook me another piece. I happily excepted this and the cook showed me the new piece of fish which was absolutely delicious. The temperature in the shop was incredibly hot but they were still polite and courteous. I would recommend this chip shop to anyone and for goodness sake, if you are not happy with something, they will do their best to fix it, after all they are not mind-readers!

• Visited August 2013