“Delicious food!”

Marina Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated overlooking Torquay harbour with panoramic ceiling to floor views,car park right outside the restaurant,parking refunds available from bills see menus for details.Very close to the shopping center and theatre
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went for a lunchtime birthday celebration and we were shown to a table which enjoyed a pleasant view of the harbour. Both manager and waitress were gracious and very helpful, especially over the wine, and they even allowed the three of us to choose our meals from the evening menu. What delicious steaks, done exactly as we requested, and the salmon was succulent and tasty. Even Claridges would find it hard to improve upon the very tempting and delicious desserts. A very happy visit!

There are newer reviews for Marina Restaurant

Reviewed May 24, 2013

First visit to this restaurant. Live locally and have been meaning to eat there for a long while. My mother is down on holiday, staying with us and so today we took her to this restaurant to celebrate her 83rd birthday. The food and service was outstanding, as were the views. My mother and wife chose the fish which was divine. My mother is a great lover of fish, and when she tasted the cod in beer batter she could not believe how wonderful it was. Tasty and cooked to perfection. I chose the roast lamb which was also an excellent choice. My mother and my wife both insisted I had a bite of their fish too, to appreciate how good it was. I didn't take much convincing and concur with their comments about how great the dish was. I was too mean to share my lamb with them, so you will just have to take my word for it that this too was a scrumptious dish! A wonderfully successful place to celebrate her birthday. She has since said that before returning home in 10 days time she would like to return there for another portion of this fish. (oh, and the chips? How do they get them so much better than we can cook ourselves? What is their secret?) Cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Restaurant had lovely views of harbour.Lacked atmosphere, had traditional fish and chips, not sure fish was a fresh catch bit like frozen fish.not very tasty, didn't have choice of mushy or garden peas, served with lovely chips.

1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a great restaurant. Everyone in our party of six enjoyed their lunch. Excellent food at reasonable prices from a varied menu with plenty of choice. Polite and attentive staff and the owner, Nic, was most helpful. Great views over the marina. The weather was rubbish but we were all delighted by the Marina Restaurant. Cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were a group of 6. Getting a bit fed up looking for a suitable place to eat.
Just by chance one of us looked in to see if they were still serving and did they have a table for six.
Not only were we welcomed we were escorted to a area overlooking the Marina that was warm and friendly.
The food when it came was just right and was served with a smile by Leticia and we returned to our hotel well fed and happy.