“Nice restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Restaurant - CLOSED

Marina Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Situated overlooking Torquay harbour with panoramic ceiling to floor views,car park right outside the restaurant,parking refunds available from bills see menus for details.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Whilst on a recent holiday, my wife and I visited this restaurant on 3 occasions. We sampled various items on the menu, none of which disappointed; I particularly enjoyed the muscle dish. The staff were both attentive and helpful, and some nights it had and interesting and diverse clientele.

We both recommend this restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Poor standard”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my Partner decided to eat here as the location is perect in the heart of the town centre, we were very dissappointed, the steak was served with full fat around it and when explained to the manager steak is never served like that she said, she cant do anything and will let the chef no so it doesnt happen agian, so did this mean? The starters king prawns were very bad quailty, however the presentation was very good, can't fault that. Fish and chips was 3/10 the fish was not coated well and not fresh. Our experience was very poor and the staff did not help to make it any pleasant. We felt very upset the way this was handled and felt obliged to pay for all the food after such a horrible experince. The restaurant was clean very prestable, beautiful location, this time we were very unlucky.

1 Thank Sophi123456
Essex, UK
“Overpriced Rubbish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I do not like to go into overly long winded complaints so I will try and keep this simple. I do not just write reviews of places I do not like, but of also places I have had a great experience in.

Scenario: Wife and I in our very early 30s are away for a short break and thought we'd give this place a try for lunch because we saw it was ranked quite highly on tripadvisor.

I knew I should have walked back out of the restaurant as soon I thought I had walked into an empty retirement home. But once we got noticed and was led to a table I'd feel bad for leaving. We ordered just one main each as no starters took our fancy, and my pregnant wife had been craving fish and chips all morning so that's what she got and I had the mussels.

To cut a long story short it was awful. Nothing tasted very fresh, the fish tasted like something out of Iceland and the peas were definitely from frozen. I won't even bother mentioning the mussels. I felt so guilty for mentioning this place to my wife, especially when we could have gone to any of the local fish and chip shops for more than half the price.

And that is exactly my advice... walk past this restaurant and go to the local chippy! The only reason why this didn't get a lower rating than this is that the service was actually quite good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newhaven, United Kingdom
“Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overlooking the inner harbour the location is a perfect setting for perfect food. Choose from the Set Menu or a la carte you will not be dissapointed

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went for a meal here on a Saturday evening, it was nice and busy and as we had booked we were seated in no time. I ordered the melon sorbet starter which looked great and tasted lovely, he order the seafood soup, for mains he had the wine braised beef and I had the chicken, both were very tasty as were the sides. We shared one pudding as the portions were very good and had the chocolate bread and butter pudding which we really enjoyed. The food and a glass of wine came to just over £40 and we were stuffed, the service was also very good especially considering how busy it was.