“Comfortable and friendly accommodation”
Review of Ashleigh House

Ashleigh House
Ranked #56 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Enjoyed a nice weekend, excellent host, breakfast very good, room clean and tidy, would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 nights at Ashleigh House. The room was very spacious and had everything I needed. Dawn is very friendly and very helpful. I recommend Ashleigh House to anybody visiting Torquay.

Jacqueline, London, UK

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Had a superb time - exquisite food, fabulous dog and superb owners.
Many thanks indeed

Dr Rob Willmott

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I booked a one night stay at the Ashleigh House Bed and Breakfast on 4/11/2009 for 3/4/2010. I booked early as I knew it could be busy at Easter in Torquay and we are going to a wedding nearby. I also want to take my dogs and I know places accepting dogs are in short supply. I booked via Email and as agreed, sent a cheque for the full amount (£70) to the owner. The cheque was cashed and I then received a confirmation via Email. I understood this to be a legal contract.
On 23/01/2010), I received a letter from the owner, cancelling my booking and sending a cheque for £70. She said that she hadn't realised it was Easter and I would need to book at least 2 night's accommodation. There was no mention on her website about booking a minimum number of days at Easter nor in the correspondance I had via Email. Whilst I sympathise with her mistake, it then cost me a lot more money. I searched to find nearby accommodation but everywhere was then full. My only option was to stay further away and use a taxi (this also meant putting my dogs into kennels).
I felt totally let down.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
Dawnsmale, Owner at Ashleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Yes, this was a very unsatisfactory outcome. I had accepted a one night booking for two rooms without realising that it was the Easter Holiday. I did telephone this lady and and offer to accept a two night booking which i felt would help us both, but the lady declined. During our conversation this lady said that she was surprised I accepted a one night booking but did not query it.I feel very badly about putting the family to such inconvenience and I can assure everyone that this was a unique situation and I will ensure it is never repeated

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple