Tripadvisor
Torquay
4,412 results
All reviews sea view per night deluxe room car park lovely hotel sun loungers steam room outdoor pool an upgrade dining room leisure facilities public rooms evening meal short break night break lovely room steep hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So impressed with this hotel. Excellent service from everyone, great food and lovely rooms. Ours was a deluxe king which was fab. Ok bathrooms could do with an update but this is a small thing when compared with everything else. The view from our room took our breath away. We were lucky with the weather as it was beautiful and we spent a wonderful hour on the balcony in the sun just taking in tge views. Stunning lounge and dining room and bar service was good. Really can't fault it. A truly lovely hotel.

1  Thank lizclover2307
AnetaE37, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Liz

thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have been coming to this hotel since the late 90s, on and of, last visit 2017 all was good.

This visit was a little disappointing.

Had to pay hotel parking, £14 for 2 night stay, this would not stop me from future bookings, just a little unfair as a recent add on.

Room clean, bed comfortable, views of course are one of the main attractions to this hotel.
which is among many reasons we love coming here.

it’s winter and sympathetic of any outside cleaning, however, outside patio doors were dirty, and patio tiles and glass balcony were filthy which kind of spoils the overall look of room,
I’m aware it’s cold but a quick 5 min wipe of balcony would be of Benefit later as spring approaches

Dinner on our first night was very good, service good, quick and relaxed atmosphere

However there was a function in hotel on 2nd night which seemed to be at our cost, starter took 30 minutes. No waiter came over for our drinks, when I asked, was told his colleague would be over, so our drinks took 45 mins ( surely waiter can take drinks order from at least 2 tables at a time, instead of one at a time when restaurant is busy )
By the time our main course came, we did not want to sit any longer so left before our desert.
Noticed lots of people had to go to till to pay, as we did.
We both felt the stress of, over stretched staff, and the frustration of guests asking for water, bread, meals, and their bills

To do with the function taking the whole of the large lounge, and glass veranda, the only place guests had was the room behind the bar, which was cold and looked more like a waiting room, plus the main hallway, again cold.
Would be nice when there are functions, the room behind the bar is made a little more like a lounge warm, with comfy furniture, for hotel guests to sit with their drinks.

However Thanks to the bar staff who noticed we were hotel guests and took our order in front of what would have been a long wait.
Although I have wrote above, we do love our time here

Dear _pjrobinson135

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn that some of the parts of your stay wasn't as you would wish for. We do appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative as it is through this process that we are able to refine and improve the product we offer our guests. All points you have raised have been passed on to the departmental managers who are in the process of dealing with the matter. Your feedback is simply unacceptable and we will be reviewing the immediate improvements with the departments immediately. I have initiated investigation with relevant Head of departments to find out what occurred. Appropriate steps will be taken to prevent re occurrence in the future. I hope you will return in the future to see changes we are making.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my partner have just come back from a night here and it was amazing, very well presented, room was immaculate with stunning views of the bay towards Brixham, staff were lovely and helpful, the Sunday lunch was absolutely superb. Would highly recommend.

Dear Mike

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Twenty five years to Torquay for our anniversary (what a tired old boring couple)
Notwithstanding, Nonetheless, The Imperial is the hotel of choice. Love it every time.
Friendly staff, value for money, unbeatable view!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AnetaE37, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Kevin

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will visit us for the next Twenty five years for your Anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Went to Rhiannon nails in Torquay as was having problems with the durability of my shellac. This place is superb absolutely perfect nails and they last for 3 weeks would so recommend. Salon is gorgeous staff so friendly I'm very happy.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Jill

Thank you for your review. I will share your comments with rest of the team.