“Dinosaurs”

Torquays Dinosaur World
Ranked #13 of 63 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Torquay's Dinosaur World is an fun interactive indoor exhibition that brings dinosaurs and their worlds to life! See amazing life-size and scaled dinosaurs, learn about these awesome beasts, uncover incredible fossils, enjoy our family quiz, and even sit on a deadly dinosaur! Whether you are a little dinosaur fan, or even a big one, there's something for everyone to get their teeth in to? Summer Season Saturday 1st April - Sunday 10th September Open every day 11am - last entry 3pm - close 5pm Only £6.95 per visitor (2 and under free)PLUS pick up the Paleo Pass to get FREE unlimited re-entry for 3 months.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Dinosaurs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here as I was on holiday in Torquay and the weather looked a little bit iffy. Wish I hadn't bothered, totally over priced waste of time! I think everyone else had the same idea, so it was crowded and at times we couldn't move due to the amount of buggies blocking the aisles as the aisles are tiny! My daughter wasn't interested in doing the quiz and were in and out within half an hour. Very expensive half an hour! Definitely wouldn't go back. On a plus side staff were friendly and there was some very realistic looking dinosaurs, but definitely not for me, shame as well as my daughter loves dinosaurs!

1 Thank Northerngirl0909
TobyTrex, Manager at Torquays Dinosaur World, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer, thank you for your review and I'm pleased to hear that you thought the staff were friendly and the models were good. I'm sorry to hear though that you felt unable to spend more time in the exhibition and therefore didn't feel it was value for money. We want all our visitors to have a good experience looking at all the scenes, completing the quiz and interacting with various exhibits such as the fossil digs and sit on dinosaurs. We always offer visitors the opportunity to retour the exhibition or to re-enter for free later in the day if it is busy, which allows visitors the opportunity to spend more time enjoying all the exhibition. Thanks again and regards Toby T Rex.

• Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“roooaaaaar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

the boys loved this and the quiz , our adam knew most of the answers without the clues as he is mad about dinosaur's ...

Visited August 2013
TobyTrex, Manager at Torquays Dinosaur World, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi and many thanks for your review. Great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit, and that Adam is so keen on dinosaurs. I'm sure then that he did really well on our Explorer Quiz and won himself a Dinosaur Expert Certificate. Congratulations to him for being brave and clever enough to find all the answers. Thanks again and all the best, Toby T Rex.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, reasonably priced, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

As my son is dinosaur crazy we visited here twice during our holiday. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the quiz was challenging for him without being too much. Really great that you can touch and even sit on some of the dinosaurs.

1 Thank Lynda E
TobyTrex, Manager at Torquays Dinosaur World, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Lynda, many thanks for your comments after your recent visits. It's always good to hear that visitors have appreciated the opportunity to learn more about and interact with dinosaurs – especially if they are brave enough to sit on them! Also, as we really value the visitor experience we know it is important to create an enthusiastic and fun environment in which visitors, and children in particular, can enjoy themselves. Thanks again and if you have any pictures of your visit that you would be willing to share we do have a Facebook page, regards Toby T Rex.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“How did you spend an hour in here?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I feel bad leaving this review because the staff are lovely (for the 8 seconds that you see them to pay). The attraction took about 20 mins as my son just wouldn't read all the text with the exhibits, toy dinosaurs and a CD player making roaring noises? My ticket allowed a second entry within 6 months I think it was- but I would have to bring a magazine this time! No way I could walk round that again, sorry

Visited May 2013
Dear Review, I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. We know that the interaction between our staff and visitors enhances the customer experience and so we work hard on creating a fun and exciting atmosphere at the entrance point and especially during the quiz marking at the end of the exhibition. This is a great opportunity for the staff to interact with our visitors as they talk to them about their experience and award them with a Dinosaur Expert Certificate for doing the Explorer Quiz. To further enhance the atmosphere, like many tourist attractions, we use professionally produced sound effects throughout our exhibition. Our displays range from dioramas with smaller handmade models that set the scene of dinosaurs in their natural habitats up to a 15ft long Triceratops and a life size head of a T-Rex. All in all we have about 50 dinosaurs and fossils that visitors can learn about and interact with. It’s unfortunate that we did not get the opportunity to deal with your concerns on the day as we would have been more than happy to give you a full refund. Once again please accept my apologies. Regards Toby T Rex.
Paignton, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The models are really good, the staff were very friendly and my girls did really enjoy it. However it is really small - took about an hour to go around, the walkways are really narrow - and being as it is the summer holidays it was fairly busy, so you felt a bit like a sardine squished in a can! It cost us £24 for four of us, which I feel is very expensive way to spend an hour. Wouldn't bother visiting again.

Visited July 2013
TobyTrex, Manager at Torquays Dinosaur World, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Reviewer, thank you for your comments. It is good to hear that you felt the staff and the dinosaur models were good and that your child enjoyed the visit, but I'm really sorry to hear that you felt disappointed. As you felt it was expensive you may have benefitted from getting, as a local, our Paleo Pass, which allows re-entry to the exhibition for a period of time for only £1/person. If you didn't get this I can post you one so that you can visit again with your girls who seemed to have enjoyed themselves. If this is of interest to you please email me with your details and I will put the Pass in the post to you. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks again for your review, regards Toby T Rex.